Chapter Ten

Louis wakes up with his face smashed against Harry's chest, drooling on him a little. He pulls away slightly to take stock of their bodies.

He's achy, in that really good way. Like after he's had a good run or after... exactly what they did last night. They're facing each other, they've got their fingers intertwined on one hand, and Harry's got the other arm draped over Louis' waist. He radiates heat. They've only got a sheet over their lower halves and Louis finds he's not cold at all. That's a nice perk.

Harry's snoring pretty loudly and when he breathes out, it rustles the hair on Louis' head. It makes him want to laugh. God, this is nice. He knows they have a lot to talk about, a seemingly-infinite list of things to figure out, but for now it's just nice.

Louis just looks up at him for a few moments, taking in his lovely features and all the soft hair around his head. Louis misses the green in his eyes, wishes he could see them.

Suddenly, as if Harry can hear his thoughts, he stops snoring, scrunches his nose and blinks his eyes open. He looks down to Louis' and Louis has a brief, insecure moment that Harry will furrow his brows and ask Louis why he's still here, in his bed. Ask him why he didn't leave the room after Harry had fallen asleep and laugh when Louis doesn't know how to answer.

Louis is starting to feel stupid and angry with himself just as Harry beams at him.

A smile that bright should be reserved for after-tea only, Louis thinks. But he'll make an exception if it's coming from Harry, and only if it's directed at Louis.

"G'morning," he says.

"Morning," Louis responds.

And then Harry leans down like he's going to kiss Louis and Louis squeals. Harry pulls back, concern and fear etched on his face just as Louis brings his unoccupied hand to his mouth. "What?" Harry asks. "What did I do?"

Louis' eyes widen and he shakes his head. He doesn't want Harry to think it's something he's done. No more of that, not ever again.

"Morning breath," Louis answers from behind his hand.

Harry's face cracks into a smile again and he laughs. "Is that all?"

"Yes."

"C'mere."

"No! Harry!"

Harry kisses the back of Louis' hand a few times, in lieu of his mouth, which makes Louis giggle. Then he makes a show of kissing with lots of tongue, lathing all over and in between Louis' fingers while Louis tries to squirm away from it.

"Harold, that is not very princely behaviour!"

"Mmm, your hand is so good at this," Harry says, ignoring him, moaning as his kisses again.

"It's gonna slap you in a minute; it's good at that, too."

"Yeah, give it to me, baby."

Louis laughs and Harry's just licking him now, not even pretending that it's a kiss.

"There are better places you could be doing that, you know."

Harry's eyes flash with heat, his hand slipping down from the middle of Louis' back to the swell of his bum. And then he's rolling them over, hovering over Louis' body, and he can feel where Harry's half-hard against Louis' thigh through the sheet.

"C'mon, Darling, let me at those lips, I need them."

"You need them?"

"I need them."

Harry pulls Louis' hand away by tugging at his wrist. He grabs the other for good measure and holds them down beside Louis' pillow on the bed. Louis keeps his lips together, but he smiles. Harry's close enough that his hair is skimming across Louis' cheeks and neck as Harry stays there, waiting.