00;

Disclaimer- I do not own Teen Wolf (obviously). All characters and storylines belong to the designated writers and creators.

I hope you love this as much as I do.

Carry on.

prologue;

prologue;

The dull room shone in a new light for the first time in years. It didn't seem so dull anymore. The walls didn't seem so bland and the sheets on the bed didn't look so grey.

Eleanor Rose stared at the metal door, in anticipation and surprisingly, excitement. It was an unusual feeling especially one to be having in a place like Eichen House.

Terrible memories plagued the halls, just too gruesome and wicked to say. Death is considered ordinary, almost expected. It drives even the sanest people mad. People like Alexandra Nixon in the adjacent room.

The story goes that she robbed a convenience store for some easy cash. Things didn't go as planned and she ended up severely injuring the clerk working that night. She was convinced that jail would be a harsher punishment and pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity. Little did she know where she'd end up.

Now in between 'recreational' time during the day and lights out she's pulling the hairs out of her head strand by strand.

Others like Miranda Sykes are the truly unfortunate ones. Diagnosed at the age of 7 with schizophrenia, her parents were afraid among other things. They didn't know what to do nor did they want the 'embarrassment' of having a child who wasn't normal. So they stuck her in Eichen House and begged them to take her. After so many years she's exactly where they left her.

She didn't let the darkness in. She's one of the few who still holds a light in them. If it weren't for her, Eleanor didn't think she would have lasted this long. When she was admitted, she was alone. Miranda's friendship was the one thing that kept her afloat.

Turning her head, Eleanor smiled fondly at the girl on the bed napping beside her.

Today would certainly be different.

There would be no unexpected visits from Brunski, a crazed man who should be a patient here himself, or cold nights spent in solitary confinement.

Today was a new day for Eleanor Rose Paxton. Today she was going home.