chapter 1

Charlotte wakes up to her loud 7:25 am alarm blaring through her ears. She groans as she sits up and huffs her messy hair off of her face. She barely gets up out of her bed when she goes to her bathroom and looks at her reflection, and see's her curly hair everywhere.

It's the last first day of school.

Grade 12 sounds so intimidating, why is it so intimidating. She pushes her thoughts out of her head as she washes her face splashing cold water trying to wake herself up. She wipes her face with her towel and wets her toothbrush and adds toothpaste to it. She brushes her teeth well not wanting to have bad breath today, and then combs through her hair.

She's excited to see Silas her best friend because he went to summer camp. Charlotte wanted to go as well but couldn't because she had to work extra shifts at her local coffee shop to help out her family.

They have been childhood friends since birth and they're basically inseparable. Silas has beautiful hazel eyes and fluffy blonde hair. He is pretty popular but has a geeky and nerdy side to him just like Charlotte. They both have won many academic awards together and always tend to end up in the same classes every year. 

She ended up spending most of her summer with Tessa who constantly found a reason to come to the coffee shop with Charlotte and would sometimes help her around and keep her company. They met in science by accidentally being paired and they've been best friends from then.

Tessa would always tell Charlotte that she sensed tension between her and Silas but Charlotte always denied and claimed that they are just best friends but Tessa never believed her.

Charlotte finishes off getting ready and leaves the bathroom to find clothes to wear. She doesn't find anything but baggy mom jeans and AC/DC t-shirt she stole from her brother a while ago. She groans and puts it on not caring about her appearance at the moment.

She grabs her phone and bag from her beside table and runs down the stairs.

"Good morning sweetheart", Charlottes mother Nancy says and Charlotte smiles.

"Good morning Mom. I don't have time to talk I don't wanna be late but I love you", Charlotte says and places a kiss on her moms cheek as she grabs an apple from the table and her car keys and leaves the house.

"I love you too", Nancy shouts from inside right before Charlotte closes the door.

She hops in her car and turns on the ignition and pulls out of her house. Its a 7 minute drive to school so she arrives at 7:46 and she smiles thankful that she isn't late.

Charlotte paces back and forth at the front of her school waiting for Tessa to arrive. Nervous she starts to bite her nails restarting a habit she ended years ago. Charlotte looks at her phone and see's its 7:57 they have to be in school at 8. She begins to overthink every possible scenario that might've happened to Tessa when she suddenly snaps out of it.

"Oh my god Char!?", Tessa squeals and Charlotte turns around to see her 3 year best friend standing right in front of her.

Her dirty blonde hair is bobby pinned up, and she's wearing a brown sweater that reaches the end of her torso and blue flare jeans. She looks straight out of a Teen Vogue magazine. Charlotte looks down at her outfit and she groans. She definitely did not get the memo that they are dressing up today. So far her day is not looking too good.

"Tessa finally, what took you so long", Charlotte say as she hugs her and begins to smile as she feel her familiar warmth radiate through her.

"Sorry, I was curling my hair I was having a tremendous bad hair day", Tessa says and Charlotte rolls her eyes.