NightFang Speaks

"My name is Nightfang, I am one of MoonClan's warrior ancestors. I came to StarClan after risking my life to save a group of elders from a viper that had snuck into the camp. I had killed it only to have it take my life as well with its poison stopping my heart. I now look over my clanmates with watchful eyes. What I think I enjoy most is watching our warriors train our future MoonClan cat's. Having an apprentice is something I think is the most important part of the clan. It is a job that is taken very seriously and should be only given to a responsible cat. A job that should never have been given to me."

The air was crisp with a light snow covering the ground of the camp and many cats still lay in their dens trying to keep out of the cold. There were two cats however that were sitting near the camp entrance. Lakeheart was slowly bathing her sleek silver fur, in the warm sunlight that crept through the heavy clouds and Nightfang was pacing back in forth in a quick motion. The she-cat rolled her green eyes looking over at her companion.

"You do realize that you are going to dig yourself into a hole if you continue that pacing"

Nightfang halted as she spoke and hesitantly say down. "Well I wouldn't have to pace if our apprentices would just hurry up already, I mean how long does it take to eat a mouse. I could be out hunting right now"

Lakeheart just flicked her ears and continued to groom herself. "You know you could cut them a little bit of slack. This is their first day after all.

"Which is why they should learn to be on time" huffed the black tom.

A few more moments passed before two young cats came racing across the camp skidding to a halt in front of the Warriors. One a calico she-cat and the other a fluffy gray tom.

"Good morning Applepaw and Sedgepaw" Lakeheart stood up and softly pressed her muzzle against the top of her apprentice's head. Applepaw smiled happily touching her mentor's cheek with her nose.

Sedgepaw looked up at Nightfang with such excitement that it made the warrior question if the younger cat had even slept last night. Lakeheart stood beside Nightfang.

"So, are you two ready for your first day of training?" The two apprentices looked up at their mentors happily both shaking with anticipation.

"Totally! What are we going to do first? Hunt a squirrel? learn amazing fight moves? Oh, go fight a fox?" Sedgepaw bounced up and down excitedly.

Nightfang let out a soft groan rolling his eyes and Lakeheart gently nudged his shoulder and placed her tail on the young cat's back. "I don't think we will be doing anything like that today. Besides a fox would be far too much for you to fight right now" she laughed with a warm smile. "Nightfang and I decided that we would take you around the borders of MoonClan so you can see all of our territory"

Applepaw's eyes glowed "Really?! Can we go see the Great Willow? I heard Flamepetal talk about how beautiful it is"

Sedgepaw's ears dropped with a little disappointment but it quickly faded when he saw how excited his friend was. "Yeah I want to see it too!"

Nightfang only started making his way out of the entrance flicking his tail telling the three other cats to follow him. Lakeheart quickly stepped in beside him with the two apprentices close behind. "Now I want you two to stay close alright, we may be in MoonClan territory but anything can happen at any time" she looked back at them with comforting eyes. The two young cats nodded in understanding but it didn't take long for them to start looking everywhere as they walked through the forest.

With Nightfang in the lead the four cats walked all around the territory the warriors showing the young cat's all that belonged to their clan. They showed them the forest pound where many clanmates came to sun bathe and just to relax among the flowers and moss that grew around the water's edge during the leaf green seasons. They also showed them the training cave where soon they would come to learn how to fight to someday defend their clan. The group had stopped to take a break and catch some prey with Nightfang returning with two mice and a small bird.