Wireless Festival Pt.1 -Where It Begins-

The muffled sound of bass filled music echoes in my head as i fall into a deep stare, the sounds of my friends drowning out from my own silence in my head. i dont know whats up with me but im just not enjoying this outing like i usually do, im not having much fun at all to be honest unlike everyone else who are having a blast drinking and partying...

Suddenly im snapped out my own little world by one of my closest friends Tobi (Tbjzl): "Yo...Simonnnn...You There Bro?" he sais snapping his fingers in front of my face that is still indulged in my stare into my own world.

"yeah, yeah im good bro. just a bit drowzy, probably the drinks getting to me" i say putting on a fake chuckle to try and mask my inner thaughts.

"Simon man ive seen you barely pick up one vodka shot today you are perfectly sober, whats going on why aint you enjoying yourself with the rest of us?" tobi said more concerningly to me.

"ahh nothings going on bro i just dont feel like drinking today, just want to chill tbh. let you guys all rave it out amongst yourselfs" i say jokingly whast avoiding eye contact with him and fiddling with my Wireless Lanyard. Tobi has been a close friend of mine for a while now and no matter how much i try and convince him and wiggle my way out of a situation, he can tell when something is off with me. its his talent for anyone hes close with at this point and allthough its a good thing i really just want my alone time right now, and let this night pass so i can move on with tommorow.

Tobi grabs a foldable chair and places it next to mine and sits down next to me, "simon man, i know you. your allways a sucker for festivals...good music, alcohol, all your friends. this should be where your in your element and at your happiest state, i know somethings bugging you." i sit there tapping my feet on the dry grass below me, Do i really want to open up to tobi about this? i could just keep it to my self, what if he tells people? nah tobi wouldnt do tha-

my thaughts are interrupted by me noticing tobi clocking on to what im feeling, and why im acting up all of a sudden. i start to dread what hes gonna say and if im gonna look like a mug infront of one of my closest friends. "simon man, is this cus you see the boys here with all their girlfriends and you havnt found someone yet?" he sais quite caringly and calmy, im not sure why i expected to be humiliated by tobi when hes so kind hearted and caring for his friends. i contemplate trying to play it off still but i knew my game was up and he had me found out, i hated to sound soppy and cringy but i couldnt just blatently avoid the truth. i scramble to find the words to explain myself:

"i- i dont even know man, im finding myself urging more and more to find someone to settle with. bro ive never had a girlfriend in my life and im in my mid twenties, like come on im getting old!" i joke about once again hiding my deeper pain. Tobi sets down his trademark small carton of apple juice onto the ground and faces me. "simon man you aint gotta worry about that shit now? your still young and talking like your in your early forties, allways remember to enjoy life first before feeling like you need to settle. if you find someone where you can do both now...great, but for now dont sweat it and go have a great time. for me at least."

Hearing tobi say that really lifted me up, i finally got that stuff off my chest that had been bothering me and hearing a close friend of mine say what he said really cleared my state of mind. "your right man, i do really need to enjoy myself tonight... i mean we are at wireless for fuck sake!" i say standing up getting myself all gassed up. tobi joins me getting up laughing histerically after my comment and gives me a quick friendly hug "damn right we are simon minter!" he sais and we both go and join the others at the bar.

-Simon and Tobi sit at the bar with Josh and Freya-

"ill have 8 vodka and rum shots please" i say to the bartender before sliding a £20 note onto the counter. "weheyy now were talking simon!" josh says excitedly throwing his signature gun fingers in the air, before freya turns to me and rasies her voice just above the loud background music "glad youve perked up simon!,  good job tobi!" she shouts which causes tobi to laugh and put a thumbs up before saying "simon man i think you forgot i dont drink, so i guess that leaves two to spare...mind if i bring mine over to harry?"

"oh come on tobi, the kid is allready monged out of his head as it is!" i shout to him laughing over the loud music from the stage not too far from our vip area, but josh and freya laugh and give tobi nods of approval cuasing him to stroll over to harry in which he proceeds to snatch the shots from toby and neck them like its water. everyone looks on and cheers as the second shots dribbles out his mouth and stains his allready messy supreme jumper his girlfriend had been trying to keep clean for him throughout the day.

"well i guess that leaves two shots each for us" i say still giggling from harrys spotlight moment, and josh and freya both agree and all three of us neck our shots just as harry did but much less messy. my throat burnt with displeasure from the vodka but i knew it would be the start to a very funny night...

"theres the simon i know and love!" josh sais now seemingly slightly waved after his high consumption of alcohol throughout the day despite it being only 4 oclock in the evening. me and freya laugh as he confusedly giggles along with us, before freya turns to me. "can you take care of josh for me for a bit simon? i need to go collect talia from main reception near the entrance of the festival site, shes been doing a band deal for most the day and has just finished" hmm talia, ide never heard of that name before... had i met her before? it seemed like a name i wouldnt forget just like that, maybe ide recognise her from her face? "uhh, sure. ill try to keep him out of trouble" i say to her unconvincingly.

she smiles and walks off picking out gee from the croud to bring her along to pick up this 'talia' girl.

-15 minutes later-

Me and josh soon after freya leaving joined the rest of the others at stage 4 to see a performance, we were dancing singing and overall having a great time. i had no clue who the artist was playing but i didnt care, somehow i new the words to the songs and was enjoying myself with the mostly drunk but hilarious friends surrounding me.

suddenly i spot freya returning with gee and this talia girl. freya was not hard to spot as she was dressed in a neon jacket which could not have stood out more in a crowd of people, and i could easily make out gee (chips girlfriend) due to her blue hair standing out ovre others. i couldnt see this talia girl i seemed to have not met despite being good friends with freya and gee for some time now. after a while they reached group in the sea of people onlooking the stage and i finally set my eyes on this girl...

-Hope you guys enjoyed my first chapter of this new book, im not sure how it compares to my two other Salia stories i have made but regardless if you have read them i would love feedback on this!-