𝐂𝐡 𝟏 ⇢ 𝐌𝐦𝐦'...𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐬

"𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐋𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐄𝐋?"

"𝐂'𝐌𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐋𝐀, 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐈 𝐁𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇?"

"𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓"

***

August 7th 1979
6:34 pm

| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞  |

Sheila

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐍 𝐆𝐀𝐘𝐄's  Got to give it up  blasted through the huge speakers that resided in the the family living room as the deep, funky bassline erupted throughout the household, tonight was surely one to remember

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐍 𝐆𝐀𝐘𝐄'Got to give it up blasted through the huge speakers that resided in the the family living room as the deep, funky bassline erupted throughout the household, tonight was surely one to remember.

"whatchu know about this song nephew!"

"whew! this shit my joint right here!!"

I was majorly pleased at the sight of all the guests rushing into the packed living room. The sound of their favourite Marvin Gaye record played, as they swayed their hips yelling in excitement while getting their groove on to the song's rhythm. Everyone poured into the widespread living room setting.

Over the first couple of hours, I received numerous things : a whole lot of hugs, kisses, gifts & "happy birthday baby!"s as I stood near the clear doorway holding my half sipped glass of chilled grape cocktail. 

I moved over to lean against the wall, anticipating the arrival of my sister Naomi. Gosh What exactly is taking her so long ? she swore she was only down the road

Standing await , I observed the ecstatic crowd dancing in unison consisting of damn near my whole family tree and family friends having the absolute time of their lives.

All you could hear was the music, overpowered by the noise of all my family & friends laughing and chattering, bad ass kids running around screaming just to get popped in their head by their elders & cutlery clinking against plates from the kitchen as it filled throughout the whole setting.

As this gathering went on, I couldn't help but wonder

Is this even MY birthday party anymore?

From the looks of it , this had turned into the usual family gathering.

Guests draped in their best party attire boogied all over the living room floor. To pick a few, my favourite aunties Gina & May wore matching Levi's bell bottoms with their red & pink Silk blouses complimenting their fine, fit bodies as they rocked their usual blowouts. Let's not forget my daddy Carl & Uncle Gill now... they held it down with their unbuttoned striped shirts , leather bell bottoms & afros picked to perfection.