1.8

Don't forget to comment throughout the chapter, I would love to hear your feedback on my writing! x

...

Aeden stepped into her hotel room, sliding the light switch up until it was just bright but still dimmed inside the room. She sat on her bed and untied her brand new Nikes she got from a partnership. She throws her bag in the corner of her room, stood back up and walked to her vanity. She sat down and ran her feet on the soft fluffy carpet beneath her.

Just as she grabbed a makeup wipe, her phone rang, showing a familiar caller ID.

"Hey," Aeden said after she slid the answer button, her pinky in between her teeth as she smiled, she made her way over to her bed and laid down on it.

"Hey" Mason smiled at the camera. "How did it go?"

Aeden nodded. "We won, with 3-0 against Valencia."

Ajax played against Valencia tonight, it was the second match in the group stage of the Champions League season. The next match was against Chelsea in Amsterdam, Mason's team. Both of them decided to meet up and Aeden offered to show Mason around the city, which he of course accepted.

Mason's smile grew bigger. "I know, I watched the match. You scored twice Taylor!" He said as he clapped in his hands and cheered for the girl.

"Will you be this happy when I score against you in two weeks?" She smirked. Mason fell silent as he shook his head.

"You really think you and your boys will stand a chance against us?" He chuckled.

Aeden laughed as she sat up straight against the headboard. Both of their smiles dropped as they looked at each other. Mason wore his usual black coloured hoodie she loved on him. It made his dark eyes look peaceful.

For a minute it was silent, on both sides of the phone call. Both of them concentrating on their own thoughts.

"You know, I saw those comments on your recent posts" Mason sighed breaking the silence between the two and getting straight to the point.

"It's no-" Aeden tried to say but she was cut off by the boy.

"I know it does affect you A, just let them talk. Everyone knows how good you are, those people are just jealous of you and the amazing opportunity you got. I mean have you seen how you kick the ball in that goal? You can kill someone with that shot" He chuckled.

She looked away from her phone as her eyes began to water. She noticed the small bracelet on her nightstand her best friend gave to her, the night before she moved away to Amsterdam to fulfil her dreams.

The boy sighed. He knew how much the comments hurt her. She didn't tell him but he could notice the spark fading her eyes when she was sad. "You know, you can always text me or call me if you feel the need to." Aeden looked at the boy and a slight smile appeared on her face.

Mason loved the smile of Aeden. The two dimples in the bottom of her cheeks becoming more obvious the more she laughed. And her eyes, her beautiful blue eyes glimmered brightly as she smiled.

"I know"

"There is that beautiful smile of yours!" he said winking at the girl.

"Oh shut up you dork!" Aeden replied, fiddling with her fingers as she laughed lightly. She stood up from her bed and made her way over to the window of her hotel room.

She watched Valencia light up by its lampposts, a few cars driving the dark streets and the lights on the high buildings.

"I have to go soon, and it's already late so I'll let you go," She said without wanting to.

"Alright love," Mason said sulking and sat up in his bed. "Can you show me the view of your room one more time?" He added.

Aeden nodded and turned her camera, showing the view over the city to the boy. "It's beautiful right?" She asked as she turned the camera back.

Mason nodded. "But not as beautiful as you." He said. Aeden took in the compliment. "You look handsome too, M" She smiled and watched the boy turn red on his cheeks.

"Goodnight, Taylor" Mason said as he leaned his head in his hand while holding his phone in the other.

"Goodnight, Mount" Aeden said as she brought her phone closer to her face and blew a kiss before hanging up the call.

"That woman." Mason groaned as he put down his phone and laid back on his bed, giving himself a minute to gather himself. He stood up and looked at his reflection in the mirror on the wall.

The girl did things to him that he couldn't describe.

However, 1200 miles away from him, in Valencia, a girl thought the same about him.

Aeden looked through her music on her phone and chose a classic song she had always loved, she turned the water on in the tub and within three minutes she was laying relaxed in the tub.

After a while of getting lost in the instruments of the songs that played after one another and running her hands over the bubbles in the tub, she got a sharp bing on her phone. It was, not surprisingly, a message from Mason.

'I love talking to you, we should do it more often x'