Chapter 02 Part 1- First day preparations, To Babyls!

(Location: Sullivan's Mansion)

Third person Pov

It's the morning for the underworld, and the start of the school year for both Iruma and Rimuru. It's about time they prepare for what's to come.

Rimuru Pov

<< Master, it's about time for you to wake up. >>

Rimuru thinking: "It's already morning? It felt like a few seconds! Though I still feel refreshed. I guess living for a long time lowers your perspective of time. I can tell through magic sense that Iruma is still sleeping, I might as well wake him up. But first, I have to get into my uniform. *snaps* There we go."

As I walked out of my room, I saw my new grandfather, Sullivan, and someone that looks like a butler. Who is he?

<< His name is Opera, he is Sullivan's butler. He used to attend Babyls. His rank was- >>

Rimuru thinking: "I don't want to know that, it'll be boring if I knew right away. Ciel, what are ranks?"

<< Ranks is the system that determines the strength of the demon inside the underworld. Many schools in the underworld use the system, mainly Babyls. The order of ranks goes from 1, the weakest rank, to 10, the strongest rank that makes you a prime candidate to become the demon lord. >>

Rimuru thinking: "Interesting, But I'm already a demon lord, even though I stepped out of the octagram. Since I completed the harvest festival. But, it's already obvious that the world here doesn't work that way. So, the demon lord is weak compared to the ones in my world."

Rimuru thinking: "So, what are the names of the ranks?"

<< The names of the ranks are:
1. Aleph
2. Bet
3. Gimmel
4. Daleth
5. He
6. Vav
7. Zayin
8. Chet
9. Tet
10. Yodh >>

Okay, now I have the basics down. I might as well talk now.

Rimuru: Good morning, Grandpa.

Sullivan: Morning! It's time for Iruma and your first day at Babyls! I'm so excited!!!

I hope he doesn't give us special privileges, that'd certainly be troublesome.

Rimuru: We still need to wake up Iruma, he's probably still asleep.

Sullivan: You're right, I can hear him snoring. Well, now that we have the time... I might as well introduce you to my butler, Opera.

Opera: Hello, I'm Opera. As you just heard, I'm the chair demon's butler.

Rimuru: I am Rimuru Tempest, I'm the older brother of Iruma, and the adoptive grandson of Sullivan. Nice to meet you.

Opera: As your grandfather's butler, my servitude naturally goes to the grandchildren, who live here. Please treat me well.

Rimuru: No problem. Well then, let's head to Iruma's room.

Third person pov

Just as the Sullivan, Opera, and Rimuru walk to Iruma's bedroom, Iruma wakes up. The first thing he did was check his surroundings, then he realized.....

Iruma pov

Iruma thinking: "It's not a dream!!!! I'm actually in the underworld!!!! Thinking about what grandpa mentioned yesterday....."

Small flashback

Sullivan: There never has been humans who enrolled into a demon school before! Rest assured, you won't be eaten as long as they don't find out you two are humans.