end

•••

Kit couldn't move.

She tried opening her eyes, tried moving her fingers, something. Something to tell them that she was alive, that she wasn't completely a lost cause.

Nothing.

Kit thought she was dead for a moment, but then she righted herself. Her brain felt as sharp as ever, even through the blackness that surrounded her. Bullet, knife, glass. Blood loss, rapid heartbeat, coma. She heard people moving around her, like the room was full of people.

"Will she heal? Is she going to be alright?"

"They will be okay, but the coma can last anywhere from a few weeks to a few years. It looks like-"

The person paused, as if they had just noticed something.

"Brain waves indicate that Kit is at some level of concious right now. They can most likely hear your voice."

"Kit! Kit, can you hear me?"

Five. She urged her fingers to move, to reach out and touch him, please just let her touch his face-

"I love you, Kit. I really do. I... I didn't say it back the first time. I wish I did. I wish you could say it back now. You have to get better, okay? Please." Five's forehead touched her arm, fingers stroking the smooth skin. "I don't want to leave you ever again, Kit. I want you to heal so you can come with my family back to our time so we can live out our days together. We have a lot more time than I thought we would." He laughed at that last part, but Kit could tell it was forced.

"Please, Kit. I don't know what to do without you."

Kit reached and reached and reached...

And her finger twitched just slightly, just enough to where someone would notice.

Five let out a long breath, grabbing her finger and bringing it to touch his face. "Kit..."

Kit reached again, and her other one twitched along with the first.

She felt a cool, metal object being pushed into her palm.

"I promised."

The edge of Kit's lip inched upward into a smile.

•••

I did it! The finale is here!

I had a really fun time deciding Kit's ending, and I thought this was very poetic, so I hope you liked it!

Thanks for reading!!