𝗼 𝐧 𝐞

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝗺𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝗼𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝗼𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 as pope heyward chopped into the large tree, shaping a heart. they watched teary eyed as jj maybank lit the tip of a metal tool to write a message.

a message that wrote, "john b routledge". a message written in honor of their best friend. their best friend who was lost at sea. who died at sea. or so they thought.

"to john b," jj finally muttered before taking a swig from his flask. "and to sarah." kiara carrera added, glancing to her blond friend. pope remained silent.

"my mom too," the three turned their heads to see the tanned girl looking a sweaty mess, her hair looking as if she'd just gotten out of bed. she had just gotten out of the hammock in which she slept with jj in. "can't forget my mom." she gave them a sad smile before turning back to the tree.

baylee peterkin had been walking by the tarmac because her mother had asked her to follow her car. in case anything bad happened. her mother had found that ward cameron had been using and manipulating her. found he was a criminal.

only by coincidence, technically she was looking for them, did she find the pogues watching
the scene unfold. they had allowed her to hide with them.

baylee was initially supposed to stay with deputy shoupe and his son. she did. stay with them. until she found that he was attempting to do her mother justice, by suspecting the wrong person.

she tried to tell shoupe who did it but he wouldn't budge. she left his household that day and hadn't been back. she went to the chateau and begged them to let her stay with them again.

                                             ⁂

the four ended the night outside with kiara and pope sprawled across the hammock, baylee and jj sitting on chairs across from each other, watching each other without words.

somewhere in the ocean, on a large cargo ship, john b routledge and sarah cameron lay together, whispering small things to each other to keep themselves busy.

"do you wanna get married?" john b asked, causing the girl to smile. "no." she replied, throwing him off completely.

"no?" "no." sarah repeated, still grinned with her eyes closed.

"well how come?" he curiously continued. "you don't have any prospects." "you don't have any prospects either." "ouch," she spoke. "well anymore." he added in attempt to make anything better.

"so it's not about the money?" sarah questioned, now opening her eyes. john b jokingly took a second to think. "well, i guess not. you're pretty good looking."

"stop" she lightly chuckled. "i'm serious. now c'mere." he smiled, giving her a small tug to face him. "i'm trying to sleep," sarah sighs as she turns her body.

"you wanna be a pogue for life?" john b asks.

"if i say yes," "you're not allowed to die."

as captain terrance and his crew find that john b is a wanted "fugitive", kiara squats in front of tannyhill spray painting "murderers" in big red letters while pope protests.

"okay i'm not sure, but i think that can see us from here," he says, unable to sit still. "who cares?" kiara glances up from the wall. "should be glad i'm not setting the house on fire."

"okay well just, can you hurry up?" pope lowers his voice, still trying to be discreet. "look, doesn't it piss you off? even a little?" kie finally snaps her head towards the boy. "of course it pisses me off. i'm just," he pauses to quickly hold the bridge of his nose. "i'm just trying to channel my rage into different vectors right now."