Hogwarts Express

September first had come rather quickly.
As she walked, alone on the streets, Mariana smiled at the strangers that walked by her. To everyone, she looked like any other girl, yet she was far from your typical normal.
Mariana was a witch in training, or she would be when she reached Hogwarts.
   Not so long ago, about 3 months prior, Mariana learned that she had magical powers that other kids in the orphanage didn't have.
Yes, she was aware that here and there unexplainable things happened around her, like once, when she was sad because a boy had destroyed her necklace, the only thing that she ever had of hers the next day after it was magically repaired, but hey, never she thought to be a witch.
She reached Kings Cross in a matter of minutes. She hadn't brought much white her, after all, there has close to nothing to bring anyway.
Mariana looked at her ticket. 'Of course, she thought ' Platform nine and three quarters should be somehow concealed'
Looking around for something unusual, Mariana spotted a red-haired family. They were certainly unusual. The older kid, or so it seemed, had an owl on top of his things, but that wasn't important.
-Sorry Mrs.- Mariana asked whit a bright smile as she walked in their direction - would you happen to know where platform nine and three quarters are?
-Of course dear! Your first time I assume?- the woman gently greeted.
-oh yes! - Mariana replayed.
-it's Ginny's first year too!
As the woman explained to her what to do two pairs of eyes watched her.
"What do you think Freddy?"
"This year is going to be fun"
Mariana thanked the woman and walked trow the wall between platforms 9 and 10, and there stud a beautiful train. Children waved goodbyes to their families or joked around. Some carried broomsticks, other owls or frogs, and above all, everyone seemed happy.

What she wasn't expecting was that the red-haired twins were following her.

-Can we sit whit you?- one of them asked.

Mariana smiled at them and gestured for them to sit. She was a shy person but she liked to make friends. Not that she had any.

Back to the orphanage the kids her age looked down at her like she was nothing more than a stone in their shoes.

How bad could Hogwarts be?