Reunited

When they got to the building that Hayomi was supposed to tutor at, Momiji took a deep breath and he opened the door. 

"Thank you." Hayami nodded and walked in followed by Momiji. When they entered the first thing they saw was a big desk in the front of what seemed like a hallway that went on for miles. Momiji then darted for the desk.

"Hello, we are tutors. We are tutoring a little girl named Momo." Momiji said as a huge toothy grin shined on his face. The clearly un enthusiastic women at the front desk sighed and looked at her computer and typed away. Her grey hair was pulled into a high bun and she looked to be in her early 50's.

"Room 128." The front desk lady sighed and continued to type away on her computer. 

"Thank you." Momiji said and skipped down to the hallway. Hayami followed him. She was mesmerized by how happy he was, even though this lady seemed to be the most boring person she had ever seen. Before she had known she saw Momiji come to a stop at the door.

"We're here." Momiji jumped into the air. Hayami followed up behind him and opened the door. They walked in and saw the little blonde haired girl sitting there, reading a thin book. Hayami looked at Momiji and for the first time saw a smile different than all the others he had ever had. This one was small, yet it felt more real than any other one she had ever seen from him. She looked up at his eyes to see tears well up. She was confused. Why did this girl make him so happy. She was about to say something to him when he bent his head down and used his shirt to wipe his eyes. She turned her attention to Momo.

"Hi, I am Hayami. I am going to be your new tutor." Hayami bent down and offered her hand out to the little girl. Momiji suddenly was intrigued. Hayomi was so shy when he met her, but when she started talking to Momo she didn't seem shy at all. 

"I.. I am M...Momo." She then reached out and grasped Hayomi's hand. She then looked up when she heard a sniffle. Her mouth then dropped open. "Momiji, is that you?" She quickly got up from her pillow she was sitting on and walked to Momiji. She looked up Higher than she had to look before. "You're tall." She stared up into Momiji's big brown eyes.

"Hi Momo. You have grown too." Momiji bent down and patted her head. A smile cracked onto her face and she walked back to her seat on one side of a table.

"Ok so today we are going to work on math. However, before we do that, let's get to know each other." Hayomi then walked over to the opposite side of the small table and Momiji followed her and sat next to her. Then Hayomi pulled out a piece of paper from her leather bag. Momo and Momiji watched eagerly wandering what the ginger would pull out of her bag. She then laid one piece of paper in front of Momo and one in front of Momiji and one in front of herself. As Momiji was about to speak he got distracted as he watched Hayomi put her hand back in her bag and pull out a small box. The box was an average sized black box with gold specs covering the outside.

"What's in there?" Momo and Momiji said in unison. Hayami silently opened the box to reveal an array of markers, crayons, pencils, and gel pens. 

"Now take a writing utensil and fill out the questions on the page." Hayomi then grabbed a baby blue gel pen and started to write on her page. Momo hesitantly looked into the box and found a pink marker. She grabbed the marker and started to write. Then Momiji looked in there and grabbed a sunshine yellow marker and he started to write.

After several minutes of silence the two girls looked up from their page to show they were finished. However, Momiji had a different approach. 

"I"m doooonnneee! Now what do we do?" He looked eagerly at Hayomi who jumped back a bit at the sudden noise

"Uh... now we trade papers and say each others answers out loud." Momiji then eagerly gave his too Momo.

"Momo can read mine!" Momo grabbed the sheet then hesitantly handed hers to Hayomi. Then Hayomi handed hers to Momiji.

"Momo you can read Momiji's first." Hayomi nodded towards the shy blonde girl. She looked down at the paper.

"Momiji's name is Momiji Sohma. Momiji is 17." Momo listed the things Momiji wrote.

"Momiji's favorite color is yellow." Momo looked at the grinning Momiji. 

"Of course it is." Hayomi chuckled. 

"Momiji's favorite animal is a rabbit. Momiji doesn't know what he wants to do after high school but he wants to visit his friends and bring his own sweet heart with him." Momiji was smiling a small smile. Nearly the same smile he had when he saw Momo.

"That is very true. I don't know much about what I want in the future. All I know is that. I want to visit my friend and bring a pretty girl with me." Momiji then jumped out from his seat and held his paper in front of him as if to do a dramatic scene.

"Ahem, Hayomi's full name is Hayomi Sato. Hayomi is 17. Hayomi's favorite color is baby blue. Hayomi's favorite animal is a rabbit..." Momiji then grew silent. His smile wiped off his face. He wanted to show Hayami that he could be a rabbit. How cool would it be. He knew if he still had the zodiac power he could fit tightly in her arms. He could make her happy. No, that was a silly thought. He wouldn't be able to tell her about the secret anyway. Right? 

"Momiji? You ok?" Hayomi stood up and grabbed his shoulder. She then slowly led him to sit on the floor. Now Momiji's mind had gone from trying to make her happy to the way she showed genuine concern. To the way she touched him even though they had met that day. How comfortable she made him feel. How warm she made him feel.

"I am fine. Just a memory crossed my mind." Momiji then got up and a big grin came across his face again. "And last but not least Hayomi wants two work in a field where she can help people... A place where she can feel safe and make others feel safe and loved." Momiji then sat down. This girl was so selfless. He said he wanted to find his friends and show off a girl. She said she wanted to help people. This girl reminded him a lot of Toru. But in many ways not at all. She was shy when you first met her. Toru is very quick to make friends with you. However, they both still have a heart of gold. It was very interesting to him.

"That is really cool Hayomi. I want to do something like that too." Momo replied. Momiji and Hayomi's eyes got real wide. Momo had been quiet this whole time. Momiji was proud of her for branching out.

"Thanks Momo. Life isn't always easy and I think everyone needs a friend. I want to be able to be that friend to people." This touched Momiji in so many ways. She was being a friend to him. She could see he felt lonely. She is being that friend. 

"Ok Hayomi. It is your turn." Momiji then pointed to Hayomi and gave her a small smile.

"Ok, Momo's full name is Momo Sohma. Momo is 9 years old. Momo's favorite color is pink. Momo's favorite animal is a flamingo. And when Momo is older she wants to have a family and she wants Momiji... to be her big brother." Hayomi faded Into silence. 

"Momo of course I will be your big brother." Momiji jumped into the air and pulled Momo into a big hug. Hayomi laughed then looked into the blonde boys big brown eyes. His eyes were filled with sadness and happiness. A small smile was on his face as he held the little girl in his arms. Something wasn't right. Hayomi had never felt this passionate about her neighbor. She decided to brush it off, for now.

Once Momiji finally let go of Momo, they sat back down. Hayomi started the actual tutoring. After about half an hour Momo left and Momiji and Hayomi cleaned the room. After about 5 minutes they left and started to walk home. On the way home one thing was clear in Hayomi's mind, she needed to know how she could help this sweet boy.