Control

Yay next part.
I hope you enjoy.🤗

                     February 16th 2014

It's almost been a full year. Baron has been successful towards my experiments...but Wanda and Peitro on the other hand haven't been as easy to work with. Baron thinks their defective. I can't help but feel what he would do to them if they really were. I beg him to keep trying though.

Wanda and Pietro keep insisting that they are fine with the extra experiments, and I can't help but feel guilty. I'm their older sister I should be helping them instead of letting these things happen to them.

>>>>>>

Im sitting on my cot cross legged watching "Gone With the Wind." When Baron suddenly opens my cell door and informs me that he has a special task for me. I follow him to his lab and he begins to explain.

Katie:
"You want me to go on a mission"
Baron:
"Yes I think that it's a great idea" Katie:
"I don't think I'm ready to go on a mission yet...what if I get lost or if someone I don't know takes me..what about Wanda and Pietro..what would happen to them" Baron:
"You need to relax...at this point your powers are under control..and you need to help the world by sharing your abilities."

Baron hands me a news paper with big bold letters reading..."CAPATAIN AMERICA AND BLACK WIDOW THE HEROES WE THOUGHT WE COULD TRUST A NOW A THREAT TO THE NATION."

Baron:
"This job needs to be done." I just stared at the paper in complete shock. I was frightened. I had only heard stories about the great Capatain America and I had heard bickering from the men in the facility about how good they thought  Black Widow looked in her suit.

Katie:
"Baron..I'm not ready for these kinds of missions yet. I wouldn't be able to go up against these elite trained people. I just need more time."
Baron:
"Well this can't wait and I think you've had enough training to be able to take on this. Besides.you wouldn't be going alone."
Katie:
"Who would possibly be coming with me."

Baron slides me a folder with files...I flip through them and see a picture of a man. He's behind glass and seems to be asleep. He has dark brown hair that's shoulder length.

Katie:
"Is he frozen...like in a freezer?!"
Baron:
"It doesn't matter..Do you know who that is?"
Katie:
"No"
Baron:
"That's the Winter Soldier."
He stared at me blankly and expected me to know who that was.
Baron:
"Have you never heard of him?"
Katie:
"No I've never heard of him...should I know who he is?"
Baron:
"YES...he is a famous assassin one of the best Hydra has seen!"
Katie:
"OH...OK then..so he's going to be helping me?"

I said this in an annoying and sarcastic way...I know he hates repeating himself.
Baron:
"Yes..that's what I just said. Your leaving in two days...I suggest you get your things ready right now you never know when plans can change."
As I'm walking out of the lab I stop in my tracks as he tells me
Baron:
"Oh and I wouldn't try to make so much conversation...he doesn't like to talk."

>>>>>>

It's a couple days later, and I have all my things ready. Here in the facility every volunteer is given a small room. It has cement floors and cement walls. It's an ugly grey color and has no windows. I have a small closet that consists of only a few pieces of clothes. And if you're lucky you have a TV...like myself.

I should be leaving as expected today and will be landing in Washington DC were I'll be meeting the..soldier man Baron spoke to me about the other day.

But before I leave I want to speak with Wanda and Pietro. Right as I thought about that my door opened and Baron walked towards me as I was sitting on my cot.
Baron:
"It's time to go."
I stand up and start walking out of the small cell with him and into the dingy hallway.
Katie:
"Baron...."
Baron:
"yes"
Katie:
"Do you think I could see my siblings before leaving?"
Baron:
"I don't see why not."

I had a huge smile on my face but deep down in my gut I felt like something was wrong or something was going to happen to me. I couldn't take the chance of possibly not seeing them again.

We stopped at their cell door. I had my duffel bag in my hand. I opened the door and entered the room. They were staring at me with blank faces while sitting on their cots watching The Dick Van Dyke Show. Just like when we were little...with mama and papa. I miss them...alot.

Katie:
"Hey you guys.."
I dropped my bag by the door and walked towards them. I sat across from them on the cots. They looked at my bag and you could see their gears turning in their head. God I feel so bad...Im practically abandoning them. But I don't have a choice.

Katie:
"I have to go somewhere for a while..and I don't really have a choice. I wish I didn't have to go..I really do because I don't want to leave you guys here alone."
My eyes started pooling and so did theirs.

Wanda:
"Were do you have to go?"
Pietro:
"Are they forcing you to do this?"
I looked down at my hands nervously and sighed. Pietro has  always been protective of me and Wanda. Even though I'm older than him.

Katie: "It's okay you guys...im going to be okay. I promise you guys. The mission is...pretty easy from what I hear...but I'm not sure how long it's going to take."
They look at each other and nod.
Wanda: "It's okay...we understand. We volunteered for this...we wish we could go with you though...maybe when you come back we'll be ready for special work like you."

She smiled at me while seeing these words and I smiled back at both if them. Pietro nodded his head at me.i hugged them both at the same time. 
Pietro: "It's okay...you just be careful...Okay."
Katie: "I will..and you guys be careful around here to okay..you know Baron has low patience..okay."
Wanda: "We will"
Pietro: "I'll be sure not to be as annoying when your gone."

I got up from the cot and walked towards the door. I took one last look at them.
Katie: "keep an extra eye out around the facility for anything weird."
Wanda: "We will"

I grab my bag from the ground and open the room door. I teleport to Barons lab. He's seated on his desk and instantly looks up at me when I get their.
Katie: "I'm sorry did I scare you."
Baron: "I will never get used to how you can do that."

Baron: "are you ready to leave?"
Katie: "yea"
He gets up from his chair and I follow him out of the room into the hallway. We walk outside of the facility to a plane.
Baron: "if you even think about leaving...your brother and sister will pay for it in unspeakable ways...do you understand me...just go and come back."
Katie: "Yes I understand."

Baron: "okay then..you can go."
I got into the small plane with my bag. Their were two guards already inside and the pilot started the engine and we were on our way to Washington DC.

It's a really late update😬 but I've started school and have I have covid...im getting better but I'm still not feeling the best. Thanks for reading. I promise the story will get better.😁👍