Chapter 2: Tubbo's Promise

Tubbo and Tommy laid on Tubbo's bed. Tommy had let his brother calm down before speaking to him about the small argument he had with his father.

"Tubs, buddy, I know what you said was right, but did you have to say the last part to dad?" Tommy, sat up from the bed, looking down at Tubbo who continued to read the book in hand. Tubbo looked at his brother, shifting his eyes back to the book he read and sighed. 

Tubbo did sincerely feel guilty from the outburst he had left on his father, but he knew what he said, saving the 'prince' from Technoblade was important than finding love. Not that Tubbo knew what love was from the start. "I know and I'll apologize during dinner time." Tubbo continued to read the book in hand. 

Tommy knew something was up with Tubbo. Perhaps, it wasn't only the situation with the other prince that bothered him. Tommy pulled the book down from Tubbo's view and looked at his brothers eyes. His face, it was rather emotionless and drifting from the colors of the room, Tommy pulled his brother up to sit up and asked him if he was alright.

Tubbo looked at his older brother for a moment, then back to his hands, clenching them in the process. Tubbo held in breath was released and finally spoke, "Tom, do you really know what it is to be in love with someone?", Tommy was taken aback from the question. He gulped and ruffled his hair, and looked at his brother, slightly smiling.

"Well Toby, I honestly don't know what loving someone is. I've never experienced it before, so I really can't help you with that." Tommy held his brothers hands, he wanted to help him, but he wasn't sure how to love. He didn't know if it was a question he could answer. All he knew was that girls were pretty to him, but that might of not help Tubbo at all in this situation.

Tommy suggested to Tubbo to ask his father and older brother who had actual relationships that could help him out find the true meaning. Tubbo nodded and looked out the window that brought in light to the dark empty room. They laid down and both ended up sleeping

---- An hour later ----

A faint knock was heard, Tubbo sat up getting dizzy from the quick movement he just had before walking up to the door, opening it to reveal his father. "Oh... Its you..." Tubbo looked away and looked over his hands. Philza sighed, spoke up and apologize to Tubbo for doubting him. Tubbo understood and asked him if everything was under control now.

Philza decided it was best for them to discuss it over when Tommy would awake and they all had taken a break.

Tubbo agreed. He was about to ask his father the question that had bothered him since morning, but decided it was best not to annoy his father anymore. "Well, I have to get going, Fundy is in her room and I want to make sure she's doing well." Tubbo nodded and asked where his older brother was. Philza told him he had to leave in a hurry for something important.

---- 4 hours later ----

Tommy had finally woken up. He checked the time only realizing it was around 2 pm. He looked around the room seeing Tubbo sitting by his desk, checking up on his flowers and bees. "Toby? Did you talk to dad?" Tubbo didn't turn around and only nodded, standing up from the chair and walking over to his brother.

Tubbo explained that his father apologized and he wanted to talk with them. Tommy asked if their was more he told him and only got a no.

There was a slight knock in the door, both of them told the person to come in. Their father with a baby in his arms walked in and shut the door. He sat down across from them and smiled.

Philza began, "Boys, I took in consideration of Tubbo's plan, I made my final decision as soon as both of you left the office. I've wrote to King Technoblade that we will have a meeting to end this war. Although...." Philza drifted away from his son's eyes, he held in his breath and released it ready to tell them the arrangement, "...one of you will have to marry the prince... to end the war once and for all. For the sake of this kingdom." Philza felt ashamed for telling them this to his son's. He didn't want his son's to marry soon with a complete stranger, let alone one who they weren't sure was a prince from the horrendous king.

"You mean- one of us has to marry the prince?! Marry the enemy?!" Tubbo spoke loudly only to receive a nodded from Philza. He cradled the baby in his arms, making sure to let her sleep. "Dad, you can't be serious! You just said-"

Philza stopped Tommy and replied with a disappointed sorry. "I know I disappointed you two, but if we keep losing more people, their will be no kingdom left to rule. I'm sorry but one of you will have to marry the prince, that is if Technoblade agrees on the terms." Philza looked at his sons, they looked at him with worry. 

Tubbo asked what the terms if Techno accepted the offer. Philza replied that he had three rules.

First Rule: Both partners are to get to know each other for two weeks

•Second Rule: Both must stay at one kingdom until marriage

•Third Rule: The child of King Technoblade, Ruler of Crimson Kingdom, will have the rightful power and thrown of Snowchester Kingdom after the marriage of a  Snowchester royal marries the other

Both sons were in shock. They didn't know what to say, it was honestly best to not say a word at that moment. Tommy finally stood up and cleared his throat. "Father, I'll offer myself to marry the prince,"

Tubbo and Philza looked shocked. "No! I won't allow it Tom's! As the third in line, I will offer myself!" Tubbo stood up, pushing his brother down to the bed to sit down. Tommy wanted to protest, but Tubbo continued.

"Tommy, you already know what you want. I, in the other hand, have nothing. Please Tom, I want to do this, I see your not comfortable with this and I was the one who had this idea to begin with," Tubbo finally finished speaking. He looked at Tommy to his eyes, Tommy nodded and understood his brother.

Tubbo turned to his father and kneeled down. "Father, I will do everything to save this Kingdom. I will keep my word," Philza leaned down and placed his forehead by his son. He cried, wishing it were another easier way for his son's to live freely to make their own choice.
---------------

Published: 09/20/21

Edited: N/A