Chapter 27

Gojo never understood jealousy. He had everything he ever needed or wanted. Therefore he didn't know what it felt like to be jealous, until you came around.

"Itadori Yuji, duh."

Your words still rang in his ear as he watched you get off the sofa and skip your way to the pink-haired boy. He almost (just almost) forgot how close the two of you were. How could he have not known that you were going to choose Yuji out of the three. He makes a face upon seeing you throw your arms around the boys shoulders.

"Yuuuuuuuuji!" You chirp.

Gojo watches the two of you intently; the smiles, the laughing, the touching. He turns away and leans back into his seat and tries to ignore all the green he was seeing. He didn't want to be that guy. And he reminds himself that you were different and that there was absolutely no reason to feel this way.

You and Yuji finish the conversation. Everyone retreats to their rooms to prepare for the day. Apparently everyone were headed to different parts of Shibuya; including Gojo.

You stand quietly in your room. Your fingers move quickly as they begin to button your undershirt. A noise catches your attention and you spin around to see your bedroom door opening.

"Jesus." You sigh with relief, "Ever heard of knocking?"

The man no longer wears his blindfold. Gojo doesn't say anything. He only closes the door behind him and makes his way to you. His hands stop you from buttoning your shirt completely. Your brows elevate a little, partly from curiosity and partly from surprise.

"Gojo?" You wonder what he's doing.

He doesn't respond. He doesn't tell you that he doesn't want you to go. He doesn't tell you how he'll worry the entire time. He doesn't tell you how he no longer likes you addressing him by his family name either; because that didn't matter right now. The man had a certain look in his eyes; one that you've never seen before. It was unsettling.

The white-haired male brings his hands to brush along your exposed upper chest. It makes you inadvertently hold your breath. He thinks about the night on the Rainbow Bridge in Odaiba. He thinks back to last night and how soft your skin was against his lips. And he thinks about how he wants to repeat everything again; all of it. All of you.

His hands now take their place on your face. He kisses you. The kiss was deep and very slow. And Gojo knows that there were absolutely no words that could ever define what this kiss meant to him. As much as he wanted to keep you here, sheltered and safe. The world that you both lived in didn't allow it. Although that idea wasn't an unrealistic one, a jujutsu sorcerer should never be held back. Especially one with such talent as yours. It would be, not only a foolish mistake but also a waste.

You break away and plant your hands onto his chest, "What was that all about?"

Gojo manages a smile, "Isn't this what couples do?"

Obviously you knew that much. But it seemed different. He seemed different.

"Are you okay?" You ask.

"Never better."

Gojo brings you into his embrace. He buries his face into your hair. You hear him take a deep breath and then you feel the warmth of his exhale. He removes himself.

"I'll meet you back here at 8. Maybe 9."

"Knowing you—" you roll your eyes and continue your buttoning, "—likely 10."