20

It's the day of our first game. I don't know whether I'm more excited or if I'm more nervous. 

I skipped school yesterday because I was in too much pain and I didn't want people to ask about my bruises and cut. But I have to face everyone today. Most people are too scared to talk to me. As they should be. 

I'm nervous about telling the girls. I didn't respond to anybody yesterday, but I sent a quick text to the girls saying that I would be at school today. 

My dad threatened me this morning, saying that if I didn't win, there would be consequences. 

I decided to walk to school today because, me being me, I wanted to avoid the conversation as much as possible. Walking to my locker today, I knew that wouldn't be an option much longer. 

I obviously knew everyone was staring at me so I would just give them death stares to make them look away. 

Of course the girls just had to be talking tot he boys in front of my locker. I knew they were waiting for me but did they have to be talking with them right now. 

As I approached them, their heads whipped in my direction and they all immediately stopped talking. 

Coal's mouth even opened a little in shock. 

"Do I look that bad?" I ask sarcastically.

The boys give a nervous laugh and Alyssa pulls me to the side, away form the boys. Luna and Riley follow. 

"What the fuck happened?!" Alyssa whisper-shouts. 

I roll my eyes, "You mean who happened. And you already know." 

They all sigh."You could have told us this yesterday instead of having us think you died." Riley blurts out.

"Stop making it a big deal. It's already done. Leave it in the past." I say and start walking back to my locker. The boys are still there but I ignore there wincing as I get closer. 

"Care to explain what happened?" Noah asks. 

I shrug, "I fell." They all scoff. I grab my books and go to first period. I glance behind me to see them all watching me struggle to walk and talking within in each other. 

I know the girls would never tell them, but I always have a doubt. 

_____________

Game time. 

As the day went on, I got weaker and weaker. I don't know how I'm going to stay alive during this game. 

But I have no choice. We have to win. I have to play. End of conversation. 

I don't think my dad will show. Honestly, I'm praying he doesn't. He used to come to every single one of Luke and I's games, but ever since Luke died, and he turned into the monster he is, he has yet to come to another. 

I don't blame him, I struggled getting back out on the field after he died. I'm not complaining either because I know he will juts yell and criticize me the whole game. 

When I walk into the locker room, I'm met with Bianca and Alexa. Alexa doesn't do much, or say much. She just does what's she told, and speaks when she's given permission by Bianca. I don't feel bad for the girl though because whenever she does speak or do something, it's flat out rude. 

She gets it from Bianca.

"Did you need something form your captain?" I say as I shove past them.

"Actually yes. I was just wondering if our captain was going to be strong enough for our game today. You've been looking weak as fuck all day." Bianca smirks.