Chapter 17

Wei was kneeled down along with Suchi his personal maid in front of the court for the hearing of attacking the Grand Empress Dowager. His grandmother walks and bows as a formality.

"You do not have to greet as you are injured. How are you now?"

"The cut is not too deep Your Majesty, I have not hurt any veins or bones. The Imperial doctor gave me some medicines. I will be fine after I take it"

Yunlan looks at Wei who was still kneeling in front of him. He holds up the dagger towards Wei "This is your dagger correct?"

"Yes, your Majesty"

"Lord Wei injured me with that dagger" Great Empress Dowager acts as if she is weak and vulnerable in front of Yunlan.

"Your Majesty, I didn't injure anyone with this dagger"

"Then why was this dagger in the palanquin?"

Suchi speaks up "My Lord, someone stole the dagger. We couldn't find it in the morning"

"You always have this dagger Lord Wei. Tell me, who could take it?"

"Your Majesty, I can only tell you that, I never thought of using my dagger to hurt Grand Empress Dowager"

"If it's not you, did Grand Empress Dowager stab herself with his dagger?"

Grand Empress Dowager speaks "I don't know martial art. I am even scared of looking at blood. How can I stab myself with the dagger? Also, Lord Wei is trying to escape from the crime he created"

"What crime are you talking about?"

"Your Majesty, the kidnapping of Lord Wei was all planned by him, So that he could go and meet with his lover. I knew something was suspicious, so I asked my maid to keep an eye on him. And she overheard him and Guard Han Shen speak of this plan to execute. If I am lying, ask the Guard Han Shen if the other apprentice was with them or not. You can also ask the person who kidnapped him. They will reveal everything"

"Who was that person?"

"I have asked him to come and meet me"

"Call him in"

"Greetings, your Majesty!"

"Rise! Tell me about the kidnapping of Lord Wei"

"Your Majesty, I am a night bandit in the city. I was once called by Guard Han Shen and asked to kidnap Lord Wei and he will reward me for it. Once I kidnapped Lord Wei, Han Shen asked me to leave and gave me the money. I thought it was suspicious, so I stood behind a tree and observed them. Lord Wei was set lose and was waiting for someone. I saw a man walk in and saw them hugging each other. I did not want to meddle into royal affairs so I walked away"

Yunlan was seething with anger was about to burst. He screamed for everyone to leave. "GET OUT! NOW!"

All left leaving Yunlan and Wei alone in the court room. "Stand up! STAND UP!"

Wei hesitantly stands up and looks at Yunlan "Is it true whatever they said? SPEAK UP.....if you stay silent I will issue a death sentence"

"I....."

"Kidnapping was just an excuse, you wanted to be with him. Isn't it? I was so worried for you and you team up with that person to fool me? And on the other hand you fake your feelings for me."

"No...No...."

"You still are in love with that person right?"

Wei starts crying and shakes his head "The person that you think of everyday, from the first day till now you have never loved me. You lied to me because of your own interests. You reunited with Bao Bei in the wild and have awaken the spark between you two."