Chapter 1

"I'll love you forever"

12 years. It's been 12 years today, since the Harrington's took me in.

They always told me how much they wanted a daughter. How much they wanted a perfect little girl, who got good grades, was in extracurricular's, didn't go out to party's. They got me instead. I got good grades, did extracurricular's, didn't go out to party's, but for different reasons. I have a high intelligence.

Not just like, I study hard and I'm just smart...no, I'm a sort of, supernatural smart. Don't get me started on party's. I can't go it those at all. It's not like I don't want to or anything, I just actually can't. You see, along with super intelligence, I have telekinesis. You don't need to believe me its fine, but I promise you its true.

Notice how i said that the Harrington's took me in 12 years ago? Well, I'm 17. When i was born, i was taken from my real mother, and was used at a lab for my abilities. At 5 years old, i managed to escape with a few older kids and a tattooed "007" on my wrist. I got separated from the other kids after a few days, and the Harrington's found me wandering around the streets. They took me into their home, and welcomed me to stay for a few weeks.

Obviously those weeks turned into years, as they learned about my abilities and such, they thought I would be nice to keep around. I only think they wanted because they realized they weren't proud of their son, Steve. Steve's my brother. Well, not biologically, but he's been family. I consider him more family than anyone of the Harrington's.

He always understood me, even if he really didn't. Things were normal up until about 2 years ago, when a girl named "Eleven" showed up at Steve's ex girlfriends house. Bla bla bla and here we are, the summer of 1985. Nancy Wheeler and Steve are broken up, and everything going smoothly so for now that's-

"HEY! KIE! Get your ass down here now!" Steve yelled from the bottom of the steps.

"COMING!" I sighed, school was over, which meant I had to help at Scoops Ahoy, the new ice-cream shop in the super new and super cool mall. Everyone in town goes there, and since its summer, the ice cream shop gets pretty busy. Steve decided it would be a great idea to make me help out. One good thing that came out of working there was that i met Robin.

She's become like a sister to me. We hang out all the time and do whatever we want. Play arcade games, go to the movies, just hang out around the house, anything's fun when she's around. Nancy Wheeler on the other hand...well, she doesn't like me very much. Ever since the whole "saving the world" thing had to happen, she's been upset about her friend Barb, and she blames me for her death. Let me explain.

Steve had a party at our house one night in 1983. All his douchebag friends came, including Nancy Wheeler, and well...Barbra Holland. I watched through the window as they drank more and more by the pool, and then things started going downhill. Steve and Nancy came inside and went upstairs to...you know, and Barb was left alone outside. Then i saw a figure in the shadows. And I ignored it. It got closer and closer to Barb until, she disapeared. I did nothing. I knew it was wrong, and I knew i should have told someone, but part of me was clinging onto the hope that she had just walked off when i wasn't looking, but I knew that wasn't true.

A few weeks later, Eleven confirmed she was gone. Dead. I regretted everything I had done. I could have saved her, I could have saved other people by investagating the shadow, but I didn't, and I can't blame Nancy for hating me after that.

I walked into the kitchen where Steve was standing next to Robin.

"Took you long enough." He rolled his eyes. I knew he was impatient but geez, it took me 5 minutes to get ready.

"Sorry, sorry." I laughed while putting a piece of bread into the toaster. "I just woke up". That was a lie. I've been up for hours. I had a nightmare last night, so I woke up early and just stared at my celling, thinking of all the things I wish I could have changed.

Robin laughed. "We're going to be late if you keep taking so long, c'mon!"

I grabbed toast out of the toaster and we ran out the door. Steve opened the passenger side door of the car for Robin and bowed like a idiot, she laughed and punched him in the arm.

Steve started driving as he played music on the radio.

"GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN" Steve sang as he drove. Robin was laughing at him and sang along, in-between laughs. I looked at them from the back, and smiled. Things were going good, maybe things would be normal for once.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n: HEY GUYYS!!! I'm so happy to have finished the first chapter of She Dies in the End! Please give me feedback on Kie's character because I'd love to hear suggestions! I'm trying to make her definitely not perfect. She's going to have many flaws, and is going to act like an actual human instead of stereotypical fanfic main characters. Again, I would love to get feedback on how the story should go, on character's personality's, relationships, etc. and I hope you enjoyed!