Chapter 6

When I woke up, I was in a hospital. I heard arguing, and I pretended to be asleep.

"You guys weren't supposed to know! It's not her fault, she didn't want to keep it secret!"

I heard a girls voice argue back. "She should have told us! YOU should have told us! She could have helped El! She could have saved Barb!"

I sat up, I didn't want to hear it anymore. I looked around the room and saw most of my friends. Max had taken El home, but other than that everyone else was there.

"What happened..?" I muttered, holding my head. Steve was standing in the corner of the room, head against the wall, obviously frustrated.

Nancy was the first to respond. "Earlier, when Billy dropped you, you hit your head on the doorknob, remember?"

I nodded. I remembered that, which means...shit. They really knew. That wasn't a dream.

"Well, you started bleeding, bad. We took off to the hospital as soon as we saw all the blood."

I felt my head. There was a white bandage on the corner of my forehead, but other than that, I seemed fine. I tried to pull my hair back, but at this point it was just a shoulder-length, tangled mess.

A nurse walked in and we all turned to the doorway. "I'm sorry to inturrupt, but visiting hours are over. One person can stay with her overnight if she'd like though."

Steve looked over at me for the first time since i'd woken up. "I'll sta-" He was inturrupted.

"I'll stay with her."

It was Nancy. Everyone looked at her, a little confused. "I mean, if that's ok with her."

Steve turned back to me "Are you ok with that? We're all meeting tomorrow-"

I heard 'bang!'

Everyone turned towards the door.
"What was that?" Steve asked.
The lights started to flicker furiously, and everyone started waking into the hallway. I started to get up but Steve ran to me and sat me back down.
"Your staying here."
"I'm fine, we need to see what that is."
"Just stay here, ok?"
He seemed nervous.

"Ok" Steve said, trying to investigate the sound. "Lucas, Mike, and Will, go downstairs and look around, Me, Dustin, and Robin will look upstairs, and Johnathan and Nancy will look on this floor."

"got it"

———————————————————————-

I started getting bored in my Hospital room. It's been 30 minutes since the others left to investigate, and the lights are still flickering. I told myself if they weren't back by now i'd go look around.

I walked out into the hallway, and saw a gross slushy goo on the ground, along with a trail of blood.
"Oh my god" I exclaimed. What if something had happened to them? I walked around my floor, looking for Nancy and Johnathan. Then I heard a scream.
I ran towards where the sound came from, and behind me came Mike, Lucas, and Will, who must have heard the noise too.
When I ran in I saw it. The mind flayer. Except it as different". It wasn't just a shadow, it was a living thing. Made of the disgusting goo I saw in the hallway. Even worse, it was standing over Nancy. About to kill her.

I raised my arm and flung it against the wall. Nancy layed on the floor as Johnathan ran in and hit it with a chair, and I threw it out a window. Mike ran over to the window, and watched the monster go down into a sewer drain.
"He's gone." Mike said. "How did it do that?"

I feel onto the ground. Blood trickled out of my nose as i lay on the cold, hard, concrete floor. Just then Steve, Robin, and Dustin came running into the room.

"We heard screaming what happened?" Steve said, clearly out of breath from running. He ran over to me and tried to help me up.
"Holy shit Kie, are you ok?"

I tried to respond. "I'm fine..how's Nancy?"

Everyone looked over at her, who was still obviously shaken up. She ran over to Johnathan and hugged him.

Johnathan stood tall. "Tom, Bruce, they just, they were on this floor with us. They tried to attack us, and then they melted. Melted into that thing."

Dustin seemed to already be figuring it out. "So using people to make an actual form for itself? Flaying people."

Mike scrunched up his face. "Flayed?"

"Yeah. Mind Flayer, he's Flaying people"

"Ok but why call it 'Flayed'-"

"Would you both shut up?" Nancy said, finally ending their debacle.

"Kie, you can come stay at my house tonight, I don't want to be alone and i'm guessing you don't either. "

Robin finally spoke up. I think she was still processing what was happening.
"Hey, she could always stay at my house too?"
I shook my head. "It's fine, i can stay at the Wheelers."

Steve gave me a hug. "Stay safe, everyone meet at Hoppers cabin tomorrow morning. El told him what happened and he'll know what to do."

Everyone nodded.

When we finally got to the Wheelers, Mike feel alseep on the couch. Nancy and I walked up to her room and I layed on the bed.

"Are you sure your ok?" She looked at my forehead and my blood-stained nose.

"I'm fine, just a little drained."

"Ok...I know you were awake when we were arguing. In the hospital." Nancy said, looking down.

"Oh."

"I don't blame you for not telling me by the way. I get that you weren't aloud. I guess I just felt betrayed, but I understand now."

I looked up at her. It was super late, and the moonlight lit up her fair skin. She really was stunning. "No i should have told you, I'm sorry."

"It's alright Kie. I'm glad we made up."

"Me too."

Nancy looked into my eyes. Whenever she did that, time stopped. Everyone and everything was frozen, except for her and I. She looked over to the side, trying to change the subject. "You should probably get some rest. We're gonna have a lot of work to do tomorrow."

"Yeah, goodnight Nance."

"Night Kie."

——————————————————————————

AUTHOR NOTE: HEYYY CHAPTER 6 BABYYYYY. Thank you guys for all the support it means LITERALLU SO MUCH. 6K READS IS INSANE ILYYY <3333 I hope you enjoy this chapter! I loved making it!