○Caspian○

(I should be sleeping. But am I? Yes, obviously yes. This was a request by -Emmeline_Alexander-, I hope that you enjoy. And I hope the rest of you like it and whatnot)

A Walk Of Sorts

"You're aware that you're the special guest at this party, correct?"

The balcony has always been one of your favorite escapes. Especially from rooms filled with diplomats from who knows and who cares where. Each just dying to tell you a boring story about blah blah who did whatnot.

While you've perfected your 'yes, I'm paying attention and not thinking about something actually worth my time' face, you still find it rather annoying. Diplomats just don't know when to stop talking.

Whenever you can, you escape from the madness to the balcony. Enjoying the breeze, the lovely view, and most of all the silence.

"Yes, I am aware, I just needed some fresh air." You reply, turning around to look at Caspian. Your hands still daintily gripping the stone railing.

"Well if it's fresh air you want, I think a walk will do us both some good." You hesitate, but take his outstretched arm.

"And how do you suggest we get out of here?" You ask.

"Well I was thinking the charming young prince may just have to accidentally dance the birthday girl out the door." Caspian replies, leading you to the dance floor.

You can't help but blush at how he cradles your body so close to his. The touch he has is light, but heavy enough to remind you he's there.

Before you know it, you've spun out the door and are running down the hallway towards the gardens. Caspian's hand still holding yours gently. You know it's very cliché, but you take a moment to admire how his hands completely envelop yours. Making it feel warm and surprisingly safe.

He leads you through a door and out into the gardens. Tall, well manicured bushes act almost as a corn maze. Inviting you to get lost in the inner workings of the garden. Giving you peace and time to stop and smell the roses.

"You look like you're deep in thought." You smile, yet shake your head at the accusation.

"No, but it's not everyday you walk through a garden with a handsome prince." You reply. Carefully stepping over a loose stone.

"So you think I'm handsome?" He asks, a cheeky smile making its way across his face.

"Well you're not ugly."

"But I'm above mediocre."

"If you haven't already realized that from the way people look at you." You reply with a soft giggle.

"You're not ugly either." He says after a moment of silence. The simple statement makes your heart flutter with excitement.

"Well thanks." Even though you already knew. It was nice to hear someone other than your mother say it.

"So the weather," he says, glancing up at the sky to avoid getting lost in your eyes and making a fool of himself. "It's nice, yes?"

"Yes, but then again all weather in Narnia is nice. Well, now it is." You add quickly. Remembering the nasty long winter you had not to long ago.

"Are you enjoying your party?" He asks. "It's not everyday you celebrate aging."

"And a good thing at that. I could never eat that much cake." Caspian laughs. A genuine laugh you don't get to hear much.

"To answer your question, yes. But I wish my mother invited more of my friends." You sigh. "I have no interest in marrying Prince Crapton of Poo Poo."

(I had to stop and take a good five minutes of laughter after coming up with that)

Caspian stops and turns to you with wide eyes. He's never heard you say such a thing and he doesn't think it's all that bad. Before you can ask why he looks so horrified he bursts out laughing. Practically doubling over with giggles.

"What's so funny about that?" You ask, unable to stop yourself from laughing with him. His loud, joyous laughter is quite contagious.

"I haven't laughed that much in a while." He says, sighing once he's calmed down. Wiping a laughter induced tear from under his eye.

"That's because my mother never lets me speak any sentence that could be counted at 'not regal'. I can't do anything that wouldn't be considered regal either."

"Such as?" He asks, curiously cocking his head to one side.

"Such as this." You don't know what happened, but you were overcome with a sudden confidence. Standing on your tip toes to, sort of, match Caspian's height, you press your lips against his. Placing your hand on the back of his neck.

He's startled, he would never have guessed this behavior would have come from you. Nonetheless, he can't complain. He relaxes slowly, wrapping his arms around your waist to pull you close.

"So you like me?" He asks slowly once you pull away.

"No, you just wanted an example of something that would be considered to not be regal by my mother." You tease. Caspian shakes his head a little bit.

"I will never understand you."

"I will never understand me either. I'm possibly the most complicated princess there ever was." Caspian chuckles, pulling you closer.

"But now you're my complicated princess." He says, booping your nose with his finger.

"Oh yeah? You've gotta catch me first!" You wiggle your way out of his arms and take off running. Holding your dress up in one hand. Cursing yourself for not taking off your heels once your mother left. Your dress was floor-length anyway. No one would have known.

Caspian stands frozen in place. Still a little shocked at your actions. But he couldn't lie, this is what he loved most about you. He shakes his head once more and then runs after you, not about to let you get away.