9-Our Home

Hiromi's POV

I peered ahead at the limo. I pointed to it. Haruhi sighed, "Really?" I gently followed behind her, lightly clutching to the back of her pink dress.

I heard Tamaki, "Under no circumstances can we call her place cramped or shabby!"

The Hitachiin's called out, "Yes, boss!"

I already knew the comment would irk Haruhi. I let go of her. Tamaki finally turned noticing us, "Ah, girls!"

Haruhi stated, "Shut up." He instantly ran off. She asked, "What are you doing here?"

Hikaru stated, "We made a bet. Now we get to see your house!"

I felt a tug and noticed Mitsukuni beside me. He said, "Hiro-Chan, you look confused."

I shrugged and shook my head, "No, I'm fine. Just surprised."

Haruhi said, "Oh yeah, I did say that." She turned to me, "Hiro, I guess we have guests."

I nodded, "Okay!" I walked over to her. I smiled, "So what do you need help with?"

We all headed up to our apartment. As soon as we went in Haruhi and I began putting away groceries. I could hear some light chatter from the guys in the living room. I said, "Well, it's definitely more lively."

Haruhi responded, "I'm not sure if that's a good thing."

I turned to the living room. Hikaru called out, "Hey, Haruhi!"

Haruhi replied, "Yes?"

Kaoru said, "We have some tea from Africa that our mom gave us."

Haruhi went and got the orange bag from them. Hikaru commented, "It's best served as milk tea."

Haruhi lightly mumbled, "When was the last time I bought milk?"

I quickly glanced in the fridge. I went over to her swiping the bag. I said, "We have some milk, I'll make the tea." I went to the counter, "Hey, Haru?"

She replied, "Yeah?"

I said, "Do I need to cook? Are they hungry?"

After a few moments she peeked her head out replying, "No, Kyoya said we'll order food."

After I finished the tea I pulled out cups. I grabbed them, our two blue ones. I poured them, these can be Honey and Mori's. I then pulled out our set of four white ones with gold-looking rims. Okay, that covers the rest of the hosts.

I glanced back into the cabinet. We had some more cups but I didn't know which ones to grab. I finally grabbed our personal cups. Mine was white with small pandas all over it. Haruhi's was a gradient cup that looked like different shades of blue waves.

I placed all the cups on the tray and went into the living room. I distributed them to our guests first. I then handed Haruhi hers, she had a big smile. I then took mine.

I glanced around the table and noticed that the most room was between Kaoru and Honey. I went over and sat between the pair. I said, "I hope everyone enjoys the tea." I heard a unanimous thank you in different voices across the table.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to look at Kaoru. He said, "You cup is cute."

I smiled and felt my cheeks start to heat up. I said, "Thank you." I stared at it gently repositioning it in my hands. "It's my favorite cup right now, dad got it for me not too long ago."

Then I saw Haruhi get up. She came back sitting a box of pastries on the table. She stated, "Okay, there's enough for everyone to have one. Give me a moment to grab some plates."

After she returned with plates everyone took one. I looked down at my chocolate cupcake that had cream cheese frosting. I glanced over to see what she chose and saw Mori piling his strawberries onto her plate.

Wait, aren't strawberries Honey's favorite? I glanced to see him smiling at Mori. He's happy about it. Is Mori... No, can't be.

After a bit, Tamaki annoyed Haruhi. Haruhi turned to me, "Want to go grocery shopping?"

I gently smiled, "Yeah, sure." I got up and went towards the door. Tamaki clung to Haruhi till I shot him a pointed look.

I said, "Will they be okay home alone? Dad's supposed to be home any moment?"

Haruhi said, "I'll call him."

We opened the door to see him. We both stated in unison, "Welcome home, Dad."

-----

After the hot pot, the host club all started leaving. First was Honey and Mori. And now it was Tamaki and Kyoya. I waved goodbye at the door. I turned back into the house.

The Hitachiin's and Dad still sat at the table. I went back over joining them. Kaoru said, "I'm sorry. Our driver said he'll be here in five to ten minutes."

Dad stated, "Don't worry about it. I'm glad that my girls got to have friends over."

Hikaru said, "They're like some of the smartest kids in school."

Dad grinned, "Yeah, that's my girls!" He got up coming over ruffling my hair. I heard the door open and Dad dash off, "Haruhi! You're home!"

Haruhi sighed, "Yes. I was just walking them to their ride, Dad." I turned to see him hugging her. She hugged him back. Although she was acting reluctant, I knew she was loving it.

Hikaru stated, "You guys sure are happy." He gently motioned loosely with his head towards Haruhi and Dad. Yeah, we are.

I nodded, "Mhmm, Dad's amazing." Kaoru smiled at me. I turned to my family, "Hey, come on. Let's finish up this little bit of hot pot before these boys have to leave."