Ahhh... The Cheesy Pebble Throwing

(Eli)

CLICK

CLICK

CLICK

What the-

CLICK

CLICK

CLICK

I climb out of bed, eyes heavy, and my steps wobbly and staggering, but I still somehow make it to my window.

Behind the fence that blocks access to the windows, stood Derrick Wells.

"Oh Goodness..."

*****

(Derrick)

I couldn't take it any longer.

I walked out and went over to the main house, searching for her room. I spotted one with the lights on, and one with them out.

I walked up to the lit window, and like the creep I am, looked inside. In that room, I found Rufus pacing the room, a blue book in one hand, while the other scratched the back of his head.

I rolled my eyes an went to the dark room. Inside, I found Eli asleep on the bed, not thrashing around in her nightmare like she usually is. The rare sight of her actually getting a peaceful nights sleep had me wanting to actually listen to everyone and not wake her. To give her this rare occurrence and let her bask in the peace.

But then I realized she might hate me more for waiting on telling her all my mistakes and my idiotic choices and actions.

I looked around for anything to tore at her, and found a creek near by. Walking down the steep hill to get some pebbles I could throw at her window like the cheese all I am, I realized how much I could have hurt her. How much of her suffer was caused by the one person who wanted nothing more than to protect her, to care for her, to love her.

I gathered about fifteen pebbles and carried then back to the gate that prevented better access to her window.

Stupid Rufus...

I made it bak to the gate and began my fire power on her wondow, throwing the rocks, not too light for them to not even make it to the window that sat about three feet away, but not too hard that it broke the window.

About six pebbles later, she was giving me a horrified look through the window, then she was shooing me away angrily.

But I haven't even spoken yet!...

I sighed and gestured she meet me out side, which earned me a look that bluntly stated she thought I was totally looney...

Am not...

I give her the puppy dog yes that I hoped would work, but when she continued with the look that said she thought I might be retarded, I huffed out a breath.

'Bully!' I mouthed to her angrily.

She gave me a shocked look and pointed at herself, 'ME?!' She mouthed back, which I nodded to. 'How am I the bully?!' She mouthed back angrily.

I turned my back to her and smirked when she couldn't see me. Just watch.... 5, 4, 3, 2, ...

TAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAP

TAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAP

TAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAP

Replacing my smirk with a non joking face, I looked back. She was glaring angrily at me and pointed in the direction f the front door, then held up five fingers, edited disappearing.

I broke out into a full blown smile as I made my way there.

********

(Eli)

I walked up to Rufus's room, the light shining through the bottom, and knocked. I waited a moment and realized he could be in the shower or something, and was about to turn, when the door opened.

Rufus stood there, flannel pajama pants and a white muscle shirt as he waited for me to speak.

But all I could do was stare...

Muscle, muscle, and more muscle....

Omg have I died and gone to heaven or something?

"Yes?" He asked, and when I looked up, I saw the smirk on his face.

"Oh, uh, sorry... Umm..." Get it together, Eli! You're acting like a fool! I told myself, the. Taking a deep breath I continued with less of my middle schooler side showing. "I was having trouble sleeping and was wondering if I could take a walk outside. I won't be long." I asked.

"Alone?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, but I won't leave your property, God knows I'm too terrified to do that..." I reassured him.

"Sure, just ... if you see headlights, get inside please?" He bargained.

Offering a smile, I nodded, "Deal, thanks." and then I went to grab a blanket and was out the door to see jerkwad waiting for me.