»»----- 1 -----««

fanart credit: idk bc their twitter account is private and i found it on pinterest

☄︎ . ⊹ *. ˚ ⋆.

inferior

noun - a person lower than another in rank, status, or ability

☄︎ . ⊹ *. ˚ ⋆.

(a/n i'm sorry that there's no scara baby in this chapter, but he will be in the next chapter. however, there is tartar sauce in this chapter <3 anyways this chapter might be slightly long and boring bc it's kind of explaining the fatui as well as y/n's feelings about them and her job i promise the whole ff won't be boring

if you enjoy this chapter please consider voting <3

also please leave comments so i can see what you guys think and improve my story)

☄︎ . ⊹ *. ˚ ⋆.

You arose from your slumber to discover rays of golden sunlight peeking through the window of your room. You blink rapidly, rubbing your y/c eyes and trying to shake off your sleepiness, as you take in your surroundings. You sit up and slide out from underneath the covers on your bed.

You peer out of the window of your private living quarters in Liyue Harbor. The city was sprawled out below you. The oriental-styled architecture consisted mainly of cream, scarlet, and chestnut hues. Towers loomed above you and numerous smaller buildings perched on the land beneath you. Tiled roofs the color of jade crowned the top of each structure in the city, and balconies extended outwards into the open air from a few of the towers. The sun was just beginning to ascend over the horizon, and you could see its reflection shimmering on the glittering water. The water in the harbor lapped at the shore near the wooden docks that branched out from the city. The sun shone on the grand archway at the end of the docks, the gateway to Liyue. Waves crash dramatically against the hulls and sides of ships, causing them to bob up and down. The morning sky was tinted a pale orange shade and had wispy white clouds floating in it. If you listened attentively, you could hear the city starting to awake, the sounds of travelers and locals alike traversing through Liyue Harbor. 

You found yourself in awe at the breath-taking beauty of the city, especially this early in the day, at sunrise. 

You walk back through your room and change into your Fatui uniform for the day. (a/n you can make your uniform be whatever colors and design you like bc that is the power of a fanfic and i like giving you guys options) You pull on your f/c boots, and don your Fatui mask to shroud your face. You grab your sword and tuck it in its hilt, before taking one last glance out your window at the harbor. A rare smile tugs at your lips and you spin on your heel to exit your living arrangement.

You keep your head down as you weave through the bustling streets of Liyue Harbor. 

You couldn't enter a city outside of Snezhnaya in your Fatui uniform without receiving countless glares and looks of disapproval.

However, you didn't remain on the down-low because you felt hurt or criticized by them. You were immune to pain yourself and couldn't care less about what the outsiders thought of you. You just took every chance you could get to elude a confrontation. A confrontation would be a waste of your time. You had a very tight schedule and you couldn't afford to waste your time.

Being a member of the Fatui, especially a Harbinger, did come with its downsides.

While the Fatui were revered in your homeland, Snezhnaya, for keeping the nation the strongest and most influential in all of Teyvat, the other nations despised the Fatui.