chapter forty-seven

season two ; episode two { The Heist }
chapter forty-seven

BROOKLYN WAS TYPING IN THE NUMBER IN WHICH SHE WOULD HAVE TO USE TO CALL TO GET IN CONTACT WITH GAVIN

BROOKLYN WAS TYPING IN THE NUMBER IN WHICH SHE WOULD HAVE TO USE TO CALL TO GET IN CONTACT WITH GAVIN. She kept contemplating in her mind how this conversation would go or what she would even say to him. Should she do it with a different voice? A different accent?

She had typed the number in and her finger hovered over the call button. "Should I do an accent?"

"Definitely disguise your voice."

She cleared her throat and spoke with a high British accent, "How would you like me to talk?"

"Not like that." JJ and Kira disagreed.

She put on a deeper voice and said, "Batman."

"There you go."

"Spot-on. Let's do it."

Brooklyn hit the ring button, putting it on speaker for everyone to hear. She took a deep breath and after a few rings she heard his voice, "Hello?"

"Hello." She said in the Batman voice but she just sounded ridiculous. "I can't."

"Just talk."

"Hello?"

"Is Gavin there?" She asked in her normal voice.

"This is Gavin. Who's this? Hello?"

"I know what happened on the tarmac." She looked over at Kiara and Pope who were nodding their heads to assure her she was doing fine.

"Um... who's this?" He laughed.

"It was Rafe Cameron. But you already knew that, and you lied about it. We're gonna prove it." She didn't want to get overly angry or else she'd blow their cover and this would've been all for nothing.

"You're gonna tell me who this is now."

"You could have saved her, Gavin, and you didn't. And you're not getting away with this."

"Listen to me! Who is this?"

She hung up the phone and looked around the group. "How was that? Scary enough?"

"Yeah, I was scared. Good job." JJ patted her back a few times to reassure her.

"All right. We tickled the wire. Phase two complete. Now we wait and listen." Pope explained. The third phase was to find out if Gavin would react, hopefully by leaving his home and perhaps going to meet Ward.