XI

Time to talk.

Deena walked to the bleachers, just like Sam had told her to. She saw the football team on the field practicing and cringed at how dumb they looked fighting over a flying object. She walked to the bleachers and felt a hand on her shoulder. She was ready to fight, but once she turned around and saw those familiar eyes, she relaxed and a smile appeared on her face.

-Sam., smiled Deena.

The blonde girl simply pulled her under the bleachers.

-Hi. You came., replied Sam with a smile.

-Of course. So, what's up? What did you want to tell me?, wondered the brunette.

-I...Listen, I don't know how to tell you this..., started Sam.

-Preferably by using words., joked Deena, which made the other girl chuckle, but then she had a serious expression on her face.

-I...Remember when Kate asked me about my favorite actors and celebrity crush and stuff?, tried Sam.

-Yeah?, frowned Deena.

-I lied., admitted the blonde girl.

-What? Oh, let me guess, your favorite celebrity crush is actually Leonardo Dicaprio., chuckled Deena.

-God, can you just not right now? I am trying to tell you something., sighed Sam getting slightly irritated.

-Oh. Sorry. I'll stop. I was just trying to lighten the mood a little., apologized the brunette.

-Yeah, I know but this is taking a lot of courage from me and I don't want to chicken out., replied the other girl.

Deena nodded and had suddenly a serious face.

-Okay, so, I lied, right?, repeated Sam.

-Yes., nodded Deena with slight confusion.

-Okay, so, it's Winona Ryder., replied the blonde girl.

-You already said that. You said that she was your favorite actress., chuckled the brunette.

-God, Deena, she's my celebrity crush!, replied Sam loudly.

-Oh. Okay. Cool?, frowned Deena unsure of what was happening.

-Cool?, repeated the blonde girl.

At this point, Sam was desperate.

-Wait. Wait. You...you like Winona? You like Winona. So...Wait., mumbled Deena frowning.

-Deena, remember when I was drunk and I said those things to you?, tried Sam, taking a different approach.

-Yeah?, replied the brunette.

-I meant it. I meant what I said., replied Sam looking down and fidgeting with her hands slightly.

Deena looked at the girl and was lost in her thoughts.

-Okay, Sam, Imma need you to elaborate because huh?, said Deena.

-I like you! I fucking like you, Deena. Why did you think that I was mean to you? I was confused! You confused me! You still do confuse me! But you make me feel nervous. In a good way. And you make me feel flustered. I just, I like you!, explained Sam, trying not to yell.

-I...Sam, I don't know what to say., replied Deena feeling slightly overwhelmed.

-You don't have to say anything. But please, don't tell anyone. If my mom finds out, she'll kill me., said the blonde girl.

-Pretty sure she would kill me., chuckled Deena making Sam look up at the brunette punch her shoulder playfully.

-Promise you won't tell anyone?, asked Sam.