13

"Competition with myself, nobody else. What a feeling, wish you well before I look in mirror in the morning, see a lion behind my iris" - Dreams Come True by NCT 127

---

"Alright so uh, this is the orchestral practice room. It's quite big and it has the set up and everything. I have rehearsal here quite often," Dongmei pointed to the large room, doors open revealing a set of black chairs.

"Nice," Yangyang looked around at the facilities, realizing that this place was serious. It was rather small but that didn't mean anything as there was nothing but music on the walls, in the air. "Is it sort of rare for you to get out?"

"Yeah, it is. Even getting the right shift is hard because it's intensive training. That's why I work during my lunch break. It's a conservatory for a reason," She commented, yet that didn't seem to mean anything to her as she added on, "But I love it."

He nodded, turning to the girl with a concerned look, "I might not have trained at a conservatory but I know training. Are you sure you're not busy?"

"I don't have a lot of time but it's fine," She brushed it off with a smile as they walked further into the building. "That's the storage room, or as we like to call it, the submarine."

Yangyang peeked in, realizing it was a collection of all sorts of instruments sorted neatly into different wooden cupboards. Another door was placed between two cupboards, marked with the words Musical Library.

The student noticed his curiosity, laughing a little before explaining, "It's sort of like a library of sheet music. Quite important."

Understanding, he looked expectantly at her, wondering what she wanted to do. He had realized exactly how small the conservatory was when they were approaching the building.

"Oh and before we get to the other places, these are the individual practice rooms, where one-on-one lessons take place and where you can just practice, although a lot of people practice in their dorms," She pointed to the many rectangular rooms that lined the hallway as they walked out of the education area. "We might be back here later."

"It's really small compared to SM," He commented. He had trained in a much bigger place where you could easily get lost but this place was just a straight hallway with rooms, only spreading out at the end to two different rooms.

Of course, it wasn't really that small. The orchestral practice room could hold at least a hundred and there were at least 15 practice rooms. Plus, the amount of instruments in the storage room was far too much to count.

Dongmei laughed again, so beautiful to his ears, "Yeah, it's meant to be small though. It's hard to get into so I guess I was lucky I landed a scholarship. But anyways, we don't have a canteen because the school didn't put any budget towards it so we just go out and eat on our own. Or order take out, that works too. Or you could cook but I'll show you that later."

She pointed to reception area. A small room with a lady that sat behind a white counter. That was it. There were a few sofas for guests though, and a water dispenser.

But on the other side, was the common room. This room had bean bags laid all over the ground, a TV and a few students lounging on those items. Next to the hangout area was a kitchen, where he assumed where all the cooking took place.

"Yeah, that's about it honestly. Now, what do you want to do?" Dongmei asked him.

Dongmei, why the hell are you being so nice today? You literally promised yourself not to get close to him. Well no, not literally but still. Point still stands.