3||Home Sweet Home

Ritesh could never find the courage to confess his feelings to Ruhi

🌀

"And that's how Emma and Silva died," said Suhana in a dramatic tone. "James Bond wasn't able to save Emma."

"I see," said Aditya thoughtfully. "That's sad. That's indeed sad."

Ruhi nodded to show her support.

"Why couldn't James Bond save Emma?" cried Suhana in frustration.

"You should probably," said Aditya seriously, "visit the set of the next James Bond film and ask Daniel Craig himself why his character couldn't save Emma?"

Suhana glared at Aditya playfully as the brother-sister duo high-fived each other while giggling.

"What's the topic?" came a male voice addressed to them, "I do love to join."

They turned around to see Ritesh D'Souza and Siddharth Nair.

Ritesh D'Souza, by the sound of the name one could guess he was a Luso-Indian. He had beautiful, mesmerizing brown eyes along with black hair. Despite having good looks and a husky voice like Vivaan and Arav, he wasn't a playboy. He thought it was wrong to play with someone's emotions to satisfy their own needs. Many girls had their eyes on him but he didn't date anyone. He had eyes on only one girl but it seemed she didn't return his feelings. He was the goalkeeper of the Cosmic High football team.

Siddharth Nair. Ritesh's platonic soulmate plus best friend. Wherever there was Ritesh, there ought to be Siddharth. He was a brilliant footballer and like his best friend was on the school team. God had mercy on him as he was born with incredible looks. Unlike his friend Ritesh, Siddharth never felt bad about playing with someone's feelings. He was a playboy. One could hear new names of girls every other week who he introduced as his girlfriend. His black irises were always alert and cunning. The black hair was perfectly combed in shape. Even his best friend Ritesh envied his sharp cheekbones.

"Suhana was grieving over Emma's death from the Skyfall film," mocked Ruhi.

Ritesh seated himself beside Ruhi. She looked at her. Her black eyes were mesmerizing to him. Her black hair was soft and smooth which felt heaven to him. Ritesh could never find the courage to confess his feelings to Ruhi.

"When is your football?" asked Ruhi.

"After the camp, I guess," answered Siddharth.

"The football team is better than the cricket team," commented Suhana.

"And why's that so?" asked Aditya.

"Those two monkeys are there," said Suhana. "Vivaan and Arav."

"Why do you two hate then so much?" asked Ritesh.

"Why are they always irritating us?" retorted Suhana.

🌀

"Vivaan is so fantastic," said Drishti dreamily as they headed out of the cricket pitch.

'Of course, he is," commented Shriya, "or else why would he be the captain?"

Back in the changing room as Vivaan changed into his school uniform, he couldn't help but think about the way Drishti was eyeing him. She does have hots for him. Vivaan had always wanted to date her but she was always busy dating other boys. If he heard that she broke up with some guy before he could pull any stunts at her, she would show up with another guy. This was his chance and he has to use it wisely.

The bell rang indicating the end of the free periods and the twelves and elevens headed back to their respective classrooms. Vivaan was walking back to his classroom when he spotted Drishti in front of the girl's washroom, standing alone.

'Hey, Drishti!" called Vivaan. Drishti immediately turned around at his voice. A smile formed on her lips automatically.

'Hi!' She greeted back. Vivaan swiftly strolled towards her.

"How is your day going?" He asked.

"Good," answered Drishti.

He smiled at her before strolling to his desk.

Ruhi and Suhana were already in the classroom, discussing their upcoming exams.

"No, the answer is endocrine glands," corrected Ruhi.

"Sorry, I keep forgetting the answer!" cried Suhana frustrated.

"Revise the chapters and you will do awesome," assured her friend.

"I hope so," said Suhana. She took the book from her friend and sat straight before asking, "What is the importance of plasma?"

"Plasma proteins constitute about 7 to 8% of plasma. These mainly include albumin, globulin, prothrombin, and fibrinogen. Prothrombin and fibrinogen are needed for blood clotting. Albumins and globulins retain water in blood plasma and help in maintaining osmotic balance," answered Ruhi confidently.

"Right," said Suhana happily. Suddenly, they heard the footsteps of their Biology teacher. They put their books back and sat straight.

"Wish me luck! Wish me luck!" Suhana said urgently to her Ruhi.

"Yeah, yeah, good luck," said Ruhi as urgently as her friend.

Mrs. Verma, their Biology teacher cleared her throat before speaking, "Good Afternoon girls, as you all know today I promised to take your Biology test. Hope all of you are prepared and be honest. Don't use any dishonest means to write the correct answer." She turned around and picked up a bundle of pages.

"Now, I am going to distribute the question paper. So, take out your classwork copies and be ready."

A great shuffle rose in the class. Sounds of desks opening, chains being zipped up, scraping of chairs, whispers, and flatter of pages along with the clicking of Mrs. Verma's shoes. She passed the question paper to every student. As the shuffle slowed down, Mrs. Verma instructed, "I will give you all 40 minutes to complete that paper. After that, you won't get any more time. So, hurry and write quickly. All the best, students."

A/N- Hope you all liked it. That's all for this chapter. The first 3 chapters were edited and some parts were written by my friend Sara07lucifer sarannyabanerjee1

 The first 3 chapters were edited and some parts were written by my friend Sara07lucifer sarannyabanerjee1