Brat Tamer

Many of your friends would be getting ready to start their new semester of college. You would be too if it wasn't for the man who you once called your boyfriend. Dabi had isolated you from your loved ones, then he completely kidnapped you. Burning your apartment building down, allowing people to think you were just one more missing body in the wreckage. You still remembered that night, the night the love of your life showed you who he really was. A monster. You had simply told him that you had the ability to take a semester or even a year abroad. That there were scholarships you could apply for so it would be basically free. Travelling was something he knew you wanted to do. You had talked about it nonstop. Rome, Paris, Venice, New York, Hong Kong. Going on and on about where you wanted to do, where you could go. The amazing classes each place had to offer. What you didn't realize was the anger growing in Dabi. His eyes becoming sinister more and more with each word you spoke. While you wanted to travel and then come back to your loving boyfriend. Dabi saw the love of his life trying to leave him. Trying the leave the country just to get away from him. It was too late when you saw his look when he stood up and approached you. Grabbing your arms and pinning you to the wall. There was no calming him down as he pinned you. He began to yell at you, asking why you wanted to leave him so badly. Where you tired of him? Was he not enough for you anymore? You couldn't process what was going on. Was he upset over the travel talk? Trying to explain that it was only for school and you'd be back did nothing to calm him down. Dabi's hands began to heat up. Fear began to spread through your body. Not once did you think your boyfriend would ever harm you? But now, at this moment. You realized how little you knew the man before you.

Dabi wasn't the most patient man, but he made an exception for you. Letting you get away with far more than he should of. He truly loved you, you were his everything. His life, his air, his heart. While you talked about leaving to do a semester abroad, he began to realize just how attached he was. His anger and fear grew every minute you rambled on. You seemed so happy talking about going to all those places. So fucking happy about leaving him alone. Did you want to meet a new guy and replace him? Maybe you wanted to leave him and this was how you were gonna break up with him. Women were like that, always leaving a good man for some easy dick. He wouldn't let that happen. You were going to stay and drop out of that stupid school as well. You only needed him. Oh, how clear he made that when he burned down your building, killing people just to prove a point.

It had been a few weeks since Dabi had taken you. Most of the time you had spent locked in a closet that you could barely fit in. Only leaving you to sit up leaning against the wall in order to fall asleep. It had been hard, you felt like you were being destroyed. Your will to live was also being destroyed, wishing he would just end you instead of forcing you to live this miserable life. Hoping he would make it quick if he ever actually loved you. You couldn't remember the last time he had fed you, or even the last time he opened that door for you. You were dirty, he refused to let you use the washroom. Forcing you to soil yourself. You felt like you were nothing now. So useless, disgusting, if he wasn't going to end this all with your death soon. You hoped it went back to how it was before. Even if Dabi was the cause of your pain, maybe he'd be willing to go back to how it was before. As crazy as it sounded, you missed his touch, you just missed not being locked in a closet left to starve and make a mess of yourself.

The door had suddenly opened, the light from the room felt like it was burning your eyes. Trying to hide your face, resorting to covering your face with your hands. Dabi was looking at you in silence. His presence was difficult to avoid. "Hey, baby. Shh, shh, it's okay." He knelt down as you began to cry. Sobbing into your hands. "Baby look at me." Shaking your head only got his hands to grip your wrist. You didn't want to anger him, it just hurt. "D-dabi, I can't. It h-hurts." His grip loosened. He left the spot he was crouching in. Suddenly, the lights were off. You peeked up, your eyes feeling better with a darker room. It got easier when Dabi closed the curtains as well. The room was dark, your eyes could actually fully open and look around without any pain. "Better?" He asked from across the room. You offered him a nod. Dabi made his way back to you, crouching back down. "Now, let's get you cleaned up doll. You're a mess." You wanted to yell, to say that it's all your fault, but the fear of being locked back in the closet was in the front of your mind. Letting him carry you towards the bathroom. Putting you down, Dabi began the shower. Undressing you, checking the water to make sure it wasn't too hot. He made you feel like a child, so helpless and small. But then again, you were helpless when he burned your building down and took you. You had no real way to stop him, you knew that. Now you realized, it was best to just let him do as he pleased.