Prologue: Aftermath

I saw Calamity disappear. Vanish, into the night sky. Never to be seen again. Almost immediately after, my cell of Reckoners got contact from Prof. He had driven us into hiding, and we were scared. But nothing was wrong this time. He called us to inform us of three things: that he had claimed his powers as his own, faced his weakness, and become sane once again. We cheered. We laughed. We were happy. But everything changed.

Prof POV

We, I, drove away Calamity. We let him return to the place he came from; with no bright lights, no loud sounds, we don't know what this place is. But it's certainly not on Earth. With Calamity gone, the final batch of Epics had been released to the world. The remaining members of the First Core of the Reckoners (Prof, David, Megan, Mizzy, Cody, and Abraham) separated to create their own cores. Now, I created a new group. So far, it's me, Jayce,  Soren, Florence, and Serena. A solid team. I'm the leader, of course, Jayce is Point, Soren is Heavy Weapons, Florence is our Researcher, and Serena is the Sniper.

With no new Epics coming around, we, the Reckoners, decided that  we would eliminate the bad ones and kill any more who succumbed. Eventually, the world would go back to what it was before. It would take centuries, but it would happen. This turn of events is what's causing our next move: Los Angeles. Shortly after Calamity, Los Angeles was taken over by an unknown person. Everything known about this person is that their name is Karma. And it's my job to take them down.