Chapter 1, Moving day

I had waken up from a vivid dream filled with nostalgia and wonder. To the car stopping in front of our brand new residence, The Addison Apartments, I swing open the car door and grab a box or two along with some bags. I make my way into the tall building and make my way to my new apartment. "It may not be as fancy as the old house but you'll adjust" my mom said. I smile and nod, then make my way to my new room of course I'd gotten the smaller room, it was dark but reaussuring. The wallpaper was yellow not the pretty kind, followed with green carpet. Mom really was right, I mumbled it's definetely not as fancy as the old house. I unload the rest of the bags and boxes from the car and left my mom the heavy things. I make my way to the kitchen to put away some silverwear and for the first time in a few hours my mom spoke, "You should introduce yourself to the new neighbors". She said, I was relieved to get a break from unpacking so I started towards the door and was soon met by a tall boy with a white mask and pigtails. "Oh sh*t sorry I was just about to introduce myself and-" I inpolitely cut him off, I'm (y/n) I said. "I'm Sal I just moved in yesterday. I've only introduced myself to a few residents, would you like to join me?" Oh yeah sure thats what i was about to do anyways I'd rather not go alone, I laugh.

Sal and I make our way to the elevator as we pass a cop, "I wonder whats going on?" Sal questioned. Why don't we check it out? I said, Sal and I make our way over to the mean looking cop. "Why are you standing here?" Sal asked, "I'm protecting nosy little freaks like you and your girlfriend from seeing what they ought not to see. Now scram I don't get paid to babysit" The cop grumbled. Sal and I make our way to the elevator and choose a floor, five to be exact. We turn up in a dingy brown hall with wood panels chipped off the wall and brown torn wallpaper. "Notice, This floor is currently being renovated. For your safety please make your way to the nearest exit." Sal reads. Lets explore shall we? I ask, Sal nods and we proceed down the hall. Sal and i check a few doors, they're all locked besides one. We enter to see a man that appears to be homeless. "Sorry we didn't think anyone would be up here.. Hello, Sir? Are you okay?" Sal asks. "You shouldn't have come here." the man grumbled. We're sorry we were just getting to know our new neighbors and- I get cut off, "A dark place..This building, Horrible things happen." the man says. Are you sure you're okay? I ask. Sal and I look at eachother in worry for a moment then look back. "What the f*ck?" Sal questions. Where'd he go? I add. "I have no clue." Sal said. Lets go to a different floor I say. Me and Sal start toward the elevator and go back down and introduce ourselves to some neighbors.

We come across a lady mopping the floor. Hey I'm (y/n) and this is Sal we're new here. "I'm Lisa I work in maintenence here, keep things up and runnin'!" We make small talk for a while until she mentions that the has a son around our age named Larry and that we should go see him, she hands Sal a key card to get down to the basement level, we head off to the elevator and make our way to the basement. We enter Larry and Lisa's home which was suprisingly unlocked we wander in trying to find Larry's room and walk into the kitchen. A dark shadow appears in the croner. "What the hell was that?!" Sal exclaims. I have no clue I say, we walk off and find Larry's room. We introduce ourselves through his bedroom door and he tells us to come in.

Sals pov:

"Woah! Nice mask!". It's a prosthetic I sigh. "Oh sh*t sorry man" Larry says. Its cool I'm used to much worse by now so I'm glad you like it I chuckle. I make small talk and curiously ask what happened in the room the cop was gaurding. In other words room 403. "SHHH! Not so loud man!" Larry loudly whispers. What? What is it? I ask. "The killer is still in the building" I awkwardly look at (y/n) who"s fiddling with her sweater. What're you talking about? I question. "I saw it happen" larry whispers. "Are you high right now?" (y/n) asks. "I wish I was man this was some scary sh*t" Larry says. What happened? I asked. "I was helping Mrs. Sanderson with her clogged toilet, I was just finishing up when I heard him burst in yelling like a lunatic. 'I know what you've done! Herman told me everything, you stupid bit*ch' She tried to calm him down but before she could get a few words out, he was cutting her throat wide open!" Do you know who it was? I asked. "Yeah it was definetly Charley, big creeper from 204" Larry said. "Hey Larry what is this thing?" (y//n) asks. "That's a local police scanner, so I can listen in on local cop chatter. But that gives me an idea, if I make a fake call, maybe i can distract them long enough for you guys to sneak into 403 so you can find some clues.". That's a great idea Larry! I say. "I'll make the call down here while you guys go up there, use these walkie talkies since your guys' phones will we too much trouble.". (y/n) and I head up to the room, we use the walkie talkie to give Larry the signal, after a miute or two the cops clear out.

(y/n)'s pov:

(y/n)'s pov:

Sal and I enter the room through the police tape, we walk in to a horrid scene with blood all over the place and I gag at the sight, Sal rubs my back and I hurl out the window while Sal held back my hair, thankfully it was out the window to not ruin any evidence. After looking around for a while I come across a shelf with ponies on it. "A little weird for an old woman to have ponies, eh?" Sal says walking over to me. You think? I laugh, after examining the spot for a while, I see a spot where it looks like something should be since it was clear of blood. Sal and I make a quick call to Larry over the walkie talkie. "Something's missing?"Larry asks. "Yeah on this weird shelf with ponies." Sal says. Larry tells us Charley liked those ponies and was kinda obsessed with them, so Sal and I make our way to Charley's room, make small talk and look around. We make note of a pink pony with blood on it's legs. "He really likes Addison tea, it knocks him out too, if you could get some and maybe some sleeping pills to knock him out for longer, we could get the pony." Sal whispers. He hands me a key to his room and I get what we need. I shortly come back and hand him some tea, he slurps it quick and falls asleep just as fast. Sal puts his hand in a lunch baggie and grabs the pony. We tell Larry and give it to the detective who's sitting outside, he makes a call to the other detectives and they come out with Charley in cuffs. Sal grabs me and puts me behind him, even though Charley was restrained. The police car leaves and Sal and I decide to look in the back of the ambulance which in Sal's words had been sitting outside for days. Sal makes a call to Larry on the walkie talkie to come see with us. We look in the back window and see Mrs. Sanderson once again thanks to my weak stomach I throw up. I guess larry has a weak stomach too because he did too, Sal was holding back mine and Larry's hair since Larry has long hair.

 I guess larry has a weak stomach too because he did too, Sal was holding back mine and Larry's hair since Larry has long hair

Sal, Larry and I all went down to the basement and hing out at Larry's for a while we then ended up crashing.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chaper! Sorry if it was short or not well made like I said in the description I'm new to this so please feel free to give me feedback!! :))