haematic

I will always land on you like a sucker punch 

"Rise and shine!"

"What the—"

"Good morning, Fred and George," I boomed, tossing their curtains open. "Isn't it a lovely morning?"

George let out a groan. "Pepper, it's still fucking dark outside. Why the fuck would you wake us up at"—he looked at the clock—"four in the morning?"

"Oh, I'm sorry," I said innocently. "Are you... grouchy?"

"OH FUCK OFF—"

"Are you not happy to see me?" I asked, a malicious grin spreading across my face. "Because when you two woke me up—"

Fred groaned. "Bloody hell, Pepper, we get it—"

"—you told me that you would be thrilled to see me," I continued. "And you two don't look very thrilled, if you ask me."

"Are you kidding me—?"

"We were wrong—"

"Oh, I didn't hear that," I said in a snotty tone. "You were what?"

"You have got to be—"

"You were what?"

"We were wrong," George said through gritted teeth. "We are not very happy to see you right now?"

"And why is that?"

"Because we're tired."

"Which means that—"

"Oh, for fuck's sake," Fred groaned, throwing off his covers. "That's enough."

"—I was right and you were wrong—"

"Out, out, out," Fred said, spinning me around and nudging me through the door. "We'll see you in two to three business hours."

"But it's time to wake up—!"

"No, it's not!"

"Yes—"

"Another word and I'll spill the beans about your super-secret relationship," he threatened.

I gave him a disbelieving look. "You wouldn't. If you were going to tell people, you would have blabbed by now."

"You're right, ickle one," he yawned. "I wouldn't."

"I know."

He paused. "Are you nervous? To tell them, I mean?"

I nodded, fiddling with the edge of my shirt. "Slightly."

He raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, I'm really nervous," I sighed. "But I have to do it. I don't want to have to lie anymore."

"It's going to be fine," he said soothingly. "Everything's going to be fine."

I took a deep breath. "I'm just a little nervous. I still have some time anyway. I just need to... relax."

Fred nodded. "Think about the match. Just think about throwing the Quaffle at Warrington. Happy thoughts."

"Happy thoughts," I repeated. "Happy thoughts."

Fred smiled. "There you go. Now go away—I'm tired."

"Going away," I said, as I stepped out of the door.

"Oh, and Pepper?"

"Yeah?"

"Go to bed, it's four in the fucking morning. Nobody should be awake right now."