Preface: Destiny Unfurls

"I cannot allow you to win and claim this world as your own!" I demanded.
I was in a great deal of danger. I was on the verge of losing my ally and my life, and my opponent had a slew of allies surrounding mine. 

"Troy, Devin, Johnny, Connor, MVP, Bryan and the others are counting on me! I'd be damned if I let them down now! I know deep inside that you're not evil! You're just being controlled by that virus, and I promised them that I would save the world!"

"And what do you know, you swine!? You already know that your ally's HP is dangerously low, and there is no hope for you to win! Now, Divine Punishment: Anguish, attack his Neo Dominating Knight! Hellfire Flame Burst! Remove these vermin from my eyes!"

Anguish spewed out a burst of intense flames from its mouth towards the Neo Dominating Knight.

"Shelton, now!" a spirit beside me called out. "Use the Savior card!"

"But, what about you!? If you take the hit, that means you'll die because your ability won't be used due to Anguish's ability!"

"My duty is to protect you. I don't care about what happens to me!" The spirit beside me replied in distress.

While I froze, the spirit decided to flip over the card on the Warlet, which pulled Neo Dominating Knight back into my deck to play the spirit in its place, taking the blow. 

"No!!!!!" I screamed in terror.

"I love you, Shelton. Please, it's for the best." The spirit said, before vanishing into thin air.
The flames then came towards me, wiping out the rest of my life and vaporizing me as well.

The subconsciousness of one's mind; It's a delicate thing, indeed. However, it can be a touchy subject as well when applicable. When all of one's dreams and desires overwhelm, it takes its true form called reality. One's goals, feats, experiences just waiting to be made; One can make it happen, and there is but one way that can be accomplished; One's subconscious. 

My journey began once again, where my subconscious was locked behind closed doors, where only my thoughts alone permeated. Only the Lord and the Parents knew my inner demons. There were other sides of myself that I have not yet shown to light with anyone; The sides that manifested as different individuals. I have yet to discern a reason, but I can only think that there are different dimensions out there that would create unbridled circumstances such as these.

I stood before a giant door, leading towards a different dimension that I wasn't aware of. My expression turned more and more discombobulated as my frame remained dormant within this unforeseen space.

"What’s going on?" I could only muster.
The dream world that I festered in, began to warp more and more as time went on. This wasn't reality; There was no other way of pointing my finger on it.
Suddenly, a card with a smooth, silky grayish theme on its back flew into my hand labeled "War Harmony: The Trading Card Game" printed in bold. The texture made me feel at home once again, if I could remember what "home" felt like.

"Ah, your spirit flourishes anew!" A mysterious voice echoed to me.

I heard the sound of its bass repeating throughout the mysterious world. I couldn't even speak out of fear. I could merely listen to the ominous deity before me.

"There is a world that awaits you; A new universe that commands your help. Will you accept the plea that the world still continues to remain imbalanced by corruption and evil? Will the undying youth lying deep inside you awaken once again as the new hero, with the card in your hand to assist you?"

I looked towards the colossal door before me, scrutinizing the multiple chains that ensnared the sides and the front of it. There was a lock and a key that was beckoning me to take it; I was quite fascinated to see how such an object defied the laws of gravity. I claimed the key as my own, grasping it into my hand feverishly.

"Before you unlock the door to your new world, please promise me this; Find your passion; What you live for; what you strive for, and fulfill it. Find out why you were born into this world, as a new entity to the one you originated from."

My eyes widened, but I could only nod and accept my fate. 

"Your name is Shelton Jr., Remember that. You came from an alternate timeline, where you lived way differently than the ancestor you will soon meet. Now go. Meet your destiny head on."

I felt the voice dissipate slowly, but surely. With all my might, I leaped up to the door and threw the key into it, which somehow disappeared to take the form of the card that I grasped. I finally found out that the card read: Legend: Shelton- The Indomitable Knight. I had no time for questions. The door swung open, and I was blinded by the harsh light. I screamed out in fear, wondering what would happen next.