Are you okay?

Eddie opened his eyes to see white everywhere. It was so fucking bright. It was too much. He tried to lift his head up but he couldn't. So he gave up and his head hit the pillow with a small thump.

When Eddie tried to open his eyes again, the room wasn't as bright. But it was blurry and he couldn't make anything out.

"Where...I....who....what." Eddie tried to speak his words coming out in a mumble.

"It's okay, Eddie." He heard a voice say.

Eddies vision cleared and he saw that he was in the hospital. Oh fuck. Now he remembered.

The losers were all hanging out in the clubhouse but then all go a sudden Eddie felt dizziness take over him.

"Eds?" A voice came.

Eddie turned his head around to see Richie standing there. He was wearing the same clothes they had all been wearing before, which meant Eddie hadn't been out for long.

But something was off, he wasn't acting like Richie Trashmouth Tozier. He was biting his nails, and his face was set in a line of worry.

"Richie!" Eddie tried to sit up but his body wouldn't obey.

"Oh thank fuck, your awake." Richie said practically leaping to his side.

"What happened?" Eddie asked even though he knew.

"God it was scary. We were both just laying in the hammock when all of a sudden you tipped over. Mike grabbed you just as you were about to hit the ground. Then you..." Richie trailed off heaving a shaky breath.

"And then you wouldn't answer me Eddie and I was so fucking scared. I don't think I've been that scared since last summer." Richie shook.

"I'm sorry I scared you." Eddie said looking at the trembling boy.

Richie dragged a chair over to the bed with shaky hands. He plonked himself down onto it.

"Eddie?" He said tears in his eyes.

"Yeah?"

Richie didn't say anything, he just slipped his hands underneath the sheets of the bed Eddie was laying in until he found Eddies hand.

He grabbed it and entwined their fingers. He squeezed Eddies hand like it was a lifeline, like if he let go Eddie would go too.

Eddies heart sped up as their hands made contact. He was too tired to say anything so he just closed his eyes and didn't let go of Richies hand.

Eventually Eddie drifted off to sleep. It felt like he'd only been asleep for seconds before he was woken up again.

"Eddie bear!" He heard the familiar sickly sweet voice.

Eddie opened his eyes to see his mother there. She wore a pink cardigan and bright red lipstick was painted onto his lips.

"Oh Eddie bear, your okay! It's fine Eddie, those nasty children can't touch you anymore." Sonia said coming over to Eddie.

"I'm okay mommy, they didn't do anything I-" Eddie closed his eyes, like she would disappear if he did so.

Eddie opened them again as doctors made their way into the room.

"He is alright now, you can go home." One of them said to Sonia.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

The doctors mumbled between themselves.

"Yes he just had a dizzy spell, that's all." Another doctor said.

"But surely, he needs to stay for more tests...."

Eddie listens to his mother fuss. She always fussed over him but she didn't really care about him. She cared about his health, but she didn't care about him. Eddies dad would have cared, but he wasn't here, so Eddie had to care for himself.

Finally the doctors convinced Sonia that Eddie was fine and that they could go.

"Come on Eddie bear, it's alright." Sonia said pulling back the covers and helping Eddie out of the bed.

"Where are my friends?" Eddie asked panicked all of a sudden.

Richie had been there when he'd fallen asleep. Richie had held his hand. Oh god, what if his mother had seen it.

"They are at their homes, just like you are about to be." She smiled sweetly.

Eddie stood up from the bed and followed his mother down the hospital hallways. To be honest he was surprised she hadn't put up more of a fight. It was a wonder that Eddie wasn't having tests done right now.

But to Eddies relief they walked out into the fresh air. Sonia walked to the car and Eddie hopped in next to her.

"When we get home, you are to rest." Sonia said starting the car.

"Of course mommy." Eddie said giving her the response she wanted.

"You are NOT to see those awful creatures you call friends, and you are NOT to leave the house without my permission. Do YOU understand!?" Sonia raised her voice, making Eddie flinch slightly.

"Yes mommy." Eddie said trying not to grit his teeth.

Sonia started driving away. Eddie tried to hide the tears threatening to spill. He wasn't going to cry, he wasn't going to cry.

He fucking cried.

"Eddie bear, it's for your own good." Sonia said in her too sweet voice.

"I know mommy." Eddie lied.

It wasn't for his own good. The things she did to him were horrible. She forced drugs down his throat. She locked him up in the place he called home. But worst of all, she had tricked him into thinking something was wrong with him.

She had told him over and over that he was sick to the point where he actually started to believe it was true. But it wasn't true, it wasn't true.

They pulled up into the driveway and Eddie got out of the car. Sonia unlocked the door to the house and Eddie ran up the stairs and into his room.

He plonked himself onto the bed.

Stupid dizzy spell. That's what got him into this fucking mess. If he hadn't passed out, he'd still be at the clubhouse having fun and he wouldn't be locked up with the beast.

Eddie could sneak out. No that was stupid. One thing his mother said had been true. He did need to rest, but only for tonight. Tomorrow he'd be fine, then he'd sneak out.

Eddie got into his pyjamas and slipped into his bed. He was hungry, but he was too exhausted to go downstairs. Sleep overtook him soon enough.

A/N:
Sorry for not updating as much. I hope your enjoying this story, please add it to your reading lists and give it a vote if you like it.