๛ Fifth Chapter. ࿐

(I wanted to try and write this from kaz's POV soo lol it's suck-y but I gave it a try)

Kazuha POV : (this once ONLY.)

"Stoo-oop kazuha!" He yelled as he panted heavily. Unable to catch his breath from all that running we did.

"Relax Scara, we're here!" I exclaimed happily with a clap of my hands.

He stumbled forward as we suddenly came to a stop, but quickly caught himself.

"What even is this place?" Mika asked, "Why are we here Kazuha?"

I looked at him with a small smile, he was just so adorable with his ponytail high up I just want to k-- NO. I did not just think about that. Do not get me wrong he is adorable. But this feels a bit overboard.

I coughed in attempt to hide the blush that creeped towards my face. Thank the archons, he did not notice it.

"Well it's because I made you cry the other night."
He stared at me for a few seconds before he got what I meant.

"Wait so.. You did this for me?" He questioned as he pointed at himself and the scene ahead of us. I simply nodded then took his hand.

"Let's go then?" I smiled at him.

***

I watched Scaramouche as his expression kept switching from amazed to disinterested.
I chuckled, it is so obvious he was attempting to hide that he's stunned.
It was hilarious to watch, if I'm being honest.

We did a ton of things today. (am too lazy to state sorry..) I regret nothing of course, I occasionally got to see him smile. And that was enough confirmation for me to know that he liked this place.

Perhaps we can come here another time..?

***

"This was the worst place ever Kazu! I hated it so much."

He said as buried his face in my chest and hugged me. I was about to tell him about how I caught him whispering about how pretty this place was, until I heard him speak.

"Thank you.." I froze for a some time. Because, one, HE hugged me out of his own will. And two, he's thanking me? I only did what a good friend would do..

I wrapped my arms around him speedily after I realized I got lost in thought AGAIN. After all it did not end up so well the other time.

He is so small, it's adorable. I squeezed him and lifted him upwards.

"Wha- WHAT?! KAAAZZZ PUT ME DOWN!!"

He whined, as he tried wiggling out of my arms. He attempted kicking as well. There was a lot of screaming and kicking so I decided to put him down for the time being.

Scara huffed, "You're embarrassing to be around," Quickly walking away as he spat that out.

Scratching my head a bit, I swiftly followed after and caught up to him.

***

Scaramouche was sitting on a bench, watching the fireworks that just lit up. His face lit up with them as well. I sat next to him to observe the fireworks. Though the silence was comfortable, yes. I decided to exterminate it.

"One day, Scara, I'm going to take you all around the world."

He giggled at my sudden words that seemingly came out of nowhere. Oh, how breathtaking he looked. My heart skipped a beat upon hearing his laugh. I don't usually get to hear it. But this is a friend's thing, correct? admiring your friend and everything about them..?

"Is this your way of proposing to me?"

He laughed hysterically. Almost choking from how hard he was laughing.

I giggled, "Perhaps it is."

He was staring at me while frozen in place.. and-- hold on a moment, is his face FLUSHED?! I leaned towards him a bit to realize that, yes, his face was flushed.

I chuckled as I took him in my embrace. I wanted to protect this small thing in my arm. I just want us to live together, laugh together, go stargazing, that's what friends to after all, right?

***

We parted ways around midnight. His sister, Baal, was quite angry and we got scolded for about an hour. But I'm not mad, it's alright. This entire day was worth it. I hope we can repeat this again.