Chapter 2 ✓

Time passed slowly in the Hogwarts Express as Draco and his friends made very little conversation and very boring conversation. Lory was grateful she had brought some of her favourite Muggle books with her and sat in her corner silently reading the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.

There was a knock on their carriage door which made Lory look up. All the others ignored the knock continuing to focus on whatever they were doing. Lory looked down at her book again assuming that the person would leave. However, the person continued to knock much to her annoyance and her grip on her book tightened.

"Aren't you gonna get that?" Draco asked her.

"I don't have any friends in Hogwarts, so why would someone knock for me?" Lory asked.

"I'm not opening the door for a Gryffindor." Draco replied.

Lory rolled her eyes and waved her wand at the door after muttering Alohamora. She then gestured to the person to come in.

"Well, well, well if it isn't Longbottom." Draco drawled. 

The Gryffindor boy entered timidly glancing at Crabbe and Goyle anxiously.

"H-have you seen a toad...my toad Trevor? He's lost again...he got startled by my sister's cat and..." The boy stuttered.

"Ooh little miss Black probably took him for her secret master plan." Draco teased. The boy paled and clutched onto the carriage door even tighter. Pansy began sniggering but stopped as soon as she saw Lory looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Miss B-Black?" He stuttered. "Who?"

"Oh, don't you know? Lorelei Black the daughter of Sirius Black himself has honoured us with her presence. She will be spending the rest of the year with us in Hogwarts. People say that she's inherited more than just her father's eyes." Draco said smirking devillishly. 

Before Draco could continue Lory stood up and interjected. "Lory would be just fine. Ignore my cousin...he's a slimy git who couldn't tell the difference between his bleached head and a rat's ass."

Draco's grin fell and he glared at Lory. The Gryffindor boy chuckled nervously, as he looked up a little at Lory. "Oh look he's becoming a tomato now." Lory added.

"I...I...I...should go." The boy said uneasily.

"What's your name?" Lory asked quickly.

"Neville...I'm Neville Longbottom."

"Let me help you find your toad. I'd rather do that, then babysit this pack of rats." She said.

"Oh...that's fine...it's I..."

"Neville...unlike my father I am perfectly sane and I'd like to remain that way so please let me help you find your toad so that I can leave these imbecilles to their own accords before they drive me crazy." Lory told him. "I am not going to hurt you or Trevor in anyway. I'm just a fifteen year old girl who has the misfortune of being related to Sirius Black. 

Neville nodded. Lory turned and placed her book in her backpack, before picking it up and leaving the carriage.

Lory did her best to help Neville just following his lead as she'd never really been on a toad hunt before. Everyone who Neville asked seemed to roll their eyes as they saw him which suggested that perhaps this was a common occurrence for the boy.

"Found him!" a voice called.

A girl with wavy brown hair who looked around Lory's age stood holding a dark green toad in her hands. She bore a striking resembelence to the boy beside Lory with deep brown eyes and a similar round face.The pair went over to the girl and she handed Trevor the Toad over to Neville. Next to her stood a smaller blonde haired girl who was looking around rather dreamily. She had pale skin and silvery hued eyes and seemed rather oblivious to her surroundings.