𝟎𝟎𝟐. the woman in white

❝ the woman in white !   ❞

Sam rifles through a box full of cassette tapes as he sat shotgun.

"What the hell is this?" Sam mumbles tossing the cassette tape aside. Deanna was old school.

"Hey!" Deanna hollers. She holds both of her hands which are full of junk and sweet treats, "want breakfast?"

"No thanks," Sam scoffs looking at all the candies and junk in her hands. Shrugging, she popped open a pack of gummy bears and shoved them in her mouth.

"So, how do you pay for this stuff?" Sam asks, "you and dad still running on credit card scams?"

"Yeah, hunting ain't exactly a pro ball career." Deanna defends herself while pulling the gas pump from the tank at the back of an Impala. "Besides we only apply, it's not our fault they send us the cards."

"Yeah? And what names did you write on the application this time?" 

"Burt Aframian," Deanna mimics in her Polish accent. She swings her leg back inside the car and closes the door. "and his lovely daughter Hestra. Scored two cars out of the deal."

"Sounds bout right," Sam drops another cassette in the box and groans, "you've gotta update your cassette collection."

"Why?" Deanna asks, clearly offended.

"Well, for one, they're cassette tapes," Sam mocks her, "two, Black Sabbath? Metallica? Seriously?"

"Nothing, besides they're the greatest hits of hard rock," she mumbles and turns on the engine.

"It's the greatest hits of Mullet Rock," Sam retorts.

"Yeah well, house rules Sammy," Deanna smirks, popping a tape in the player, "driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole."

"You know, Sammy is a chubby twelve-year-old," Sam's voice got lost in the drums. "It's Sam."

"Sorry dude, can't hear you," Deanna grins, "music's too loud."

As they get closer to the town, Sam calls the local hospitals and morgue ensuring no one's fitting their dad's description. The good news was he wasn't dead nor admitted. Deanna's eyes are still on the road, analysing the bridge ahead of them. 

"Check it out," she says as Sam glanced down the bridge. There were two police cars and several officers. Deanna pulls over and turns off the engine.

Opening the glove compartment she pulls a box of cards. Fishing the right fakes, she pulls out ids with their faces on them, "we're gonna need fakes." She climbed out of the car synchronising with Sam. Grabbing her oversize leather jacket, she shrugs it over her tank top.