A1 - 01 ; the beginning of the story

REGULUS

Regulus felt lonely.

IT was a cold winter afternoon in London, terrifying and cold, as it was foggy. Regulus Black has entered fifth year, and it was just like any kind of year. Boring, plain and depressing. And although he was next to his dearest friend, he has never felt lonelier.

Regulus knew that Sirius is far better off at the Potters, he felt betrayed by his sudden leave.

Though it was nothing, really. It was last year, so Regulus had moved on.

Totally.

Regulus had always found him annoying anyway, as Sirius has always picked an argument with their mother.

It was silly, really, but it was good riddance. Although those weren't his own words, it was Bellatrix's.

It was currently December sixteenth, not long after they've gotten off of Hogwarts Express for their winter break. Dominique, as per usual, was ranting about the weather. And talking about Dominique Zabini, it reminds him about his past friendship. Friendship, huh.

Dominique, Regulus and Sirius were very close. Though since he's been sorted into Gryffindor, they haven't been talking for a good while.

Regulus is constantly reminded about the fight that took place last summer, before he entered fourth year.

"Don't even talk about that blood-traitor." Walburga sighed deeply, losing her patience. "Yeah, yeah. You're saying that you love me, but here we are. I'm not even allowed to talk about my friends, who by the way, truly loved me. And not because of my status and definitely not because I'm a puppet tha-" "Sirius Orion Black the third! Do not speak to your parents like that." Orion snapped, earning a glare from Sirius. "I'll start respecting you once you learn to respect me!" he replied confidently.

"Regulus?" Dominique said, slowly turning her head to get a better view of him

"You're being ungrateful, Sirius. We've provided food and-""But never happiness! Never freedom! Never love. It was your duty to feed me and give me shelter. You could've just not have me instead! I would rather be a blood-traitor and be known as it than be born into this family!" Sirius cried, pointing at his father, who was clenching his fist. "Fine then. Leave! Leave this house and never come back! Don't you dare show your face in this house ever again!"

"Regulus!"

Regulus was brought back to reality, his best friend, Dominique greeted him back with a smile. "What do you want?" He asked absentmindedly. "Rude. I was simply asking if you hear that melody." Regulus furrowed his eyebrows, trying to hear the faint melody that his friend was talking about.

"Yeah, what's wrong?"

"It's coming from the woods, Regulus."

"Okay, cool, and?"

Dominique sighed, rubbing her forehead with her thumb and index finger. "And, that means that we're going to find out who's playing it."

"Excuse me, we?"

"Yes, we. But I can just go alone. I was just asking because you have pretty much nothing to do."