A New Day (1)

The sun is shining brightly in my eyes as I start to wake up fully. I look over at the alarm clock on the bedside table and realize that I've woken up 10 minutes before the alarm is set to go off. As I'm debating whether or not to go back to bed for the remaining 10 minutes I feel Simon starting to wake up as well, I look up at him as I'm laying on his chest and he looks down at me as he opens his eyes.

"How long have you been awake?" He asked me mid-yawn.

"Not long, the sun was just obnoxiously bright this morning--"

"Yeah yeah I know, I need to get better curtains." 

He stood up and started to get ready and so did I, I always leave spare things at Simons incase I sleepover like last night. I remember falling asleep while listening to our mixtape. We haven't been together long but every minute I spend with that idiot I realize more and more that there is good in Shadyside, you just have to look hard for it. 

I went to the bathroom and changed into my cheer uniform and tied my hair back with a ribbon because tonight was the big game against Sunnyvale. I wasn't too optimistic as we never win against them but I do love cheering with Kate, and seeing Simon with that stupid green face paint is always a plus. 

I walked back into Simon's room and waited for him to finish up getting ready.

"Hey can I borrow your pink jacket? Just for classes today the uniform isn't that great at keeping me warm." I asked picking his jacket out of his closet.

"Yeah, I'm working a double shift at the store tomorrow though so I'll need it back then, It gets cold in the back." He said pulling on his shoes.

After that we headed downstairs. As we came downstairs I saw Simon's mom, Lisa, sitting on the couch watching something intensely. I'm very close with Simon's family and especially his mom, she doesn't mind when I stay over because she knows that we wouldn't do anything under her roof when she was home.

"'Morning mom, Y/N and I are headed out we'll stop for some coffee or something on the way-"

"Come over here and take a look at this." She said with a troubled look on her face.

Simon and I walked over and I watched as Sheriff Goode talked about the most recent Shadyside tragedy, a mass murdering at the mall. 

"Look that sucks, but we need to head out we're gonna be late if we don't leave now." Simon said grabbing his keys off the counter

"Simon, be safe please." His mom said before we headed out.

"Always am mom." He said as he closed the door.

"You excited for the game tonight?" He asked as he started the car

"Excited for the game? Heather died Simon" I exclaimed as I looked at him from the passenger seat 

"Yeah and that sucks, but did you even know Heather?"

"Not really, she helped set up homecoming with me a few years back but it's still crazy that she's gone."

Simon and I grabbed coffee on the way to school and then we headed in.

Okay hi it's me the author, thank you so much for reading the first chapter of this, this story is based on my Fear Street dr which makes this story so much fun for me to write and I hope you like it :)