Chapter 12

Whitepaw shivered as soon as she left her warm nest, the leaves were falling and it looks like it's already Leaf-fall. The leaves grew orange, falling one by one. Whitepaw stretched with a yawn. Fluffytail was already up, giving out hunting patrol's. Whitepaw stared at the cats together, she wanted to go on a patrol as well. Whitepaw stepped forward and sat beside Dustpelt. "... Dustpelt can lead a border patrol with Foxtail, Redberry and Whitepaw." Fluffytail ordered, immediately the three warriors rose up and Whitepaw did too, Dustpelt began to lead the patrol and Whitepaw followed after him. Dustpelt began to lead the way as they began to run, patrolling the border. "You must be glad your son is back, Dustpelt." Foxtail called after Dustpelt, Dustpelt let out a chuckle as he titled his head a little to look at his old friend from the corner of his eyes.

"Yeah, I've been very worried about him! But I knew he wasn't dead, he's a strong cat." Dustpelt said and the two toms smiled at each other, Whitepaw always forgot how they were once very close and still are, they're very close friends since kithood and they're not much older than her. Just a few moons. But still, old enough. Whitepaw tasted the air, there seems to be no MoonClan cats around the border. And no signs of any wild animals like foxes or badgers, that's good as well. "There seems to be no intruders." Redberry remarked, Whitepaw stood silent as they continued to run around the border, they still didn't look at few places. DawnClan is a big territory after all, but so must be MoonClan. Whitepaw didn't talk with Sky for a while now, not since their argument a few days ago. Sky wanted to be a DawnClan cat and prove himself that he's capable of being a warrior, but Whitepaw knows very well that he's not built to be a warrior. He's a kittypet. Kittypets aren't good at fighting, they like to stay in their homes, eating and sleeping all day.

After a long time of running and marking the borders, the cats headed back towards the camp. Whitepaw fell in behind, she looked at the Twoleg place that was not far off. There was no sign of Sky, she wasn't sure where he even was. She's visited him yesterday but he wasn't anywhere, nowhere at all. Brightpaw seemed rather down and depressed lately because Frostpaw wasn't around, it made Whitepaw furious. Whitepaw missed Frostpaw too, Frostpaw was the only cat she ever talked to and she wants nothing more than for Frostpaw to be here with them right now. Whitepaw liked Frostpaw because Frostpaw would always listen to her and they would have fun, talking and laughing. No one can replace her, and she can't forget her no matter how much she tries to. Moon and Sunny were put on a test, Sunny seemed very skillful and she knew some warrior moves, for those she didn't know, she learned quickly. She learned warrior code, and after a few days got her warrior name, Sunnybreeze. As for Moon, he's Moonpaw now.

Moonpaw seems to be doing very well so far, he's doing well like any average apprentice would, Flowerstar decided to keep them both. Whitepaw has to admit that Sunnybreeze is very impressive, her blows and fights are perfect, it didn't take her long to master it. But for hunting, she's good but she's still learning. Hunting isn't going very well for her, but fighting is going very well. As they returned back to camp, Flowerstar got out of the den and Dustpelt reported the patrol as Redberry and Foxtail went away to the clearing, talking to each other. "Whitepaw! Look what I caught!" Whitepaw turned around to see Sunnybreeze who was holding a squirrel in her jaws, with her tail high up in the air. She seemed proud of her catch. "Great job, Sunnybreeze." Whitepaw praised her and Sunnybreeze purred in response. Sunnybreeze turned away and put her prey on the fresh-kill pile, Whitepaw watched her did so. She's improving well at hunting, but she could do better. Whitepaw saw Brightpaw and Darkpaw who came back, dragging a soaked wet moss away to the elder's den.

They seemed exhausted and tired, Whitepaw noticed. "Whitepaw! Whitepaw!" Beekit was in front of her, jumping up and down and Barkkit stared at Beekit before imitating him with a smile. Whitepaw looked down at the two young kits. "What is it?" Whitepaw asked them, titling her head in confusion. "Can we have a badger ride pleeease?" Barkkit pleaded, Beekit stared at Whitepaw desperately with his eyes wide, making him look innocent and cute. Whitepaw stared at them, Barkkit imitated his brother and his eyes grew wide too. Whitepaw sighed. "... Alright. Get on my back." Whitepaw said, she crouched down and let Beekit and Barkkit climb onto her back, she winched as one dug his claw into her pelt. When the kits settled, Whitepaw hot up on her paws. Even if Frostpaw is here or not, Whitepaw has still plenty of friends that are willing to talk to her. She will be okay.
______________________________________________