You're Octo-mazing! (No ship)

"The Dimensionator's right this way."

Eight followed Two into his bedroom, seeing nothing.

"I don't see any Dimensionator.."

Two looked down, "That's because it's down here."

"Down wher-"

Eight was cut off by the ground opening up and a series of stairs appearing.

"Oh. Did you make this?"

Two shifted, "Yeah.."

"I like it. Secret entrance."

"What?"

"I like secret entrances. A lot." Eight said again, striking a pose.

"You like my secret entrance?.."

"Of course! I love those!"

Two, feeling more hopeful, lead Eight down the stairs, walking past other inventions that he never got to show.

"What's this?" Eight called over, poking a hammer, "You have one too?"

"Huh?" Two walked over, "Oh that? I dunno what it is.. I just have it around."

"I have one too! See?" Eight whipped out his, narrowly smacking Two in the face with the metal.

"Oh wow!" Two's eyes brightened, "That's cool!"

"There are other things I have too, like this, and this, and this, and- Whoa.."

The superhero picked up the fan, pressing the button and looking in awe as the little machine started blowing air in his face.

"I don't have this, what does it do?"

Two, who was tossing random pieces of metal off a pile, cringed at the object in his hands.

"It's a wind maker, it helps blocks stay cool when it's super hot. I was going to show it to you when..." He trailed off and continued his task quietly.

"What was it doing in the trash? It's brilliant!"

Two sighed as he uncovered the Dimensionator, "It belongs there."

"No it doesn't, I think its fantastic!"

"Y-you do? But it's... it's something I made..."

"So?"

"Like the Terrible Twos...I'm like the Terrible Twos..."

Realization dawned on his face, putting the contraption down on the worktable, he lifted the dejected numberblock up and placed him on his shoulder.

"I build things too, and I haven't once been called Octonaughty."

"Because the Terrible Twos built everything Octonaughty uses.."

"I've done some Octonaughty things before."

"But you did them first! It just looks like Octonaughty's copying you! If I show Numberland things that I built, they'll think I'm one of them!"

"Two, you know that's unlikely, we know you."

"And that didn't stop Three from suspecting me the first time they happened!"

"I...what?"

"Three thought it was me, I'm not them. I never wanna be. If do this now, all of Numberland's gonna think I'm them, and then I'll have nowhere to go.. no friends... I'll be alone. Forever."

Two sniffled, trying to slide off Eight, "That's why I want you to have the Dimensionator.. So I can't use it. So I won't have anything in common with them."

Eight watched him press a button and the whole machine fold itself, until it was a little box.

"Please take it. I don't want it. I don't wanna be them."

The magenta numberblock took the Dimensionator..

And put it next to the entrance, unfolding it.

"It looks nice there, don't you think?"

Two squinted from between his knees, wiping his eyes, "Why?"

"I think it does, let's leave it there and find a spot for this now."

Picking the fan up, he put it next him, laughing.

"C'mon, help me clean up in here!" He helped his Ten-friend stand, "It looks worse than my house."

"Why are you doing this?"

"Because you're not a Terrible Two, you're amazing! I thought I was the only one able to build things, and look at you! Full of surprises!"

"But what about-"

"We'll see about the rest of Numberland later, now help me clean or else I'm calling Three over here to clean it."

Two laughed and pulled out a vaccum.

"Now what's this?"

"It's something to help clean."

"It works better than using a broom?"

"You bet."

"Octo-mazing!"