Chapter 1

The morning air was fresh with the smell of blood, Rogues were tracked down during the late hours of the night by the Shadow Pack. Other shifters were attempting to kidnap some of the pack women. The pack leader Shade Shadow Raven was strong, fierce and merciless. He caught up with the rogues within a matter of minutes. The trio who had kidnapped the women had tied them up and dragged them along. Shade didn't even give them time to react, they were dead before they could even blink. The rest of the Shadow Pack showed up with Shade's right hand, bestfriend and beta, Cage.

Shade gnawed on the knotted rope's cutting with his wolf canines. He let out a bark, signaling communication enough to let the pack know what to do, they began clean up duty. He started the trek home as if nothing happened.

Cage chased after him and mind linked telepathically through their wolf counterparts. (Shade hold up.)

But he kept on walking. His wolf snarled. (Not now!)

Cage leaped infront of Shade. (Look I am your Beta and your bestfriend so I know when something is off with you, not to mention you reak of irritation and the proof is in what you did to those rogues back there. One of their heads was stuck up on a broken branch as if it were a pike.)

Shades bones cracked, popped and reformed. He shifted back into his Human self. "Lets go back, that damned Elder meeting should be starting with in the hour."

(Stop deflecting. Why are you so irritated?.) He shifted as well.

"Because I have a feeling I know what this meeting is about." Shade continued walking, Cage followed close behind.

Alpha meetings are held to help with any local problems, they are also held to help with business between other shifters.

Shade entered the pack house, his pack could feel the unpleasant mood he was in so they scattered like flies. He walked straight up stairs to his office but when he opened the door a she-wolf named Daisy was sitting in one of the guest chairs. She was blond, cute with big curls, big chest and legs for day's and she wanted Shade. She even fought Shade's last girlfriend Becca by officially challenging her for rank and status. Daisy won. They had previously fooled around at least until Shade discoverd she was trying to claim a right to be Luna. A claim that only the alpha of the pack can make. Daisy moved to sit on his desk she was wearing a denim skirt and a black mesh shirt. "Hey baby, How about you send the errand boy away and we can play a little, huh? What do you think? C'mon lets play." She opened her legs.

He grabbed her by the throat forcing her face to his desk. "You and I will never happen again. Now get out or I will let my wolf do as he pleases with you and right now he would very much like to rip out your internal organs for fun! You will never be fit to be my luna and you sure as hell aint my mate."

Cage grabbed her and kicked her out closing the door behind him. "She's never going to take the hint. I told you she was trouble."

Shade growled in response. The labtop on his desk suddenly opened up to a zoom meeting were the local packs, tribe's, clan's and pride leaders waited. He let out a long sigh and sat down at his desk with cage standing behind him. They are the Elder's of the area. "Evening elder Vix."

"Hello Mr. Shadow Raven, It has been some time since we last contacted you. Four year's in fact. In which your parent's have passed from a rogue attack and you have assumed the role of Alpha and yet to still register a Luna. Four years should have been long enough for you to find your mate. You have been a weak link in our area long enough. Have any pack members gone rogue yet?"

Shade growled low for Vix having such disregard for his parents. "No one in my pack has or ever will go rogue. They have faith in me as their leader and Alpha. They have respect for me, unlike you I did not inherit and keep my title on fear alone. As for my parents who may I remind you, they helped you with a pack of coyote shifters who gained a taste for female foxes and attacked your clan for three days straight!" His voice became bold and angry. " My Parents came to help you run them off, resulting in the death of a friend of the family who was like an uncle to me and the loss of twenty other pack members while your clan hid in fear!"