Chapter 2

Kira woke up to an annoying alarm and the sun peeking through the curtains. She tried to get up but a big arm wrapped around her waist kept her in place.

Leo rustled awake. "Where do you think your going. He pulls her back in his arm's.

"It's eight a.m. We have stuff to do we all can't be a lazy lion all day. Now c'mon get up.”

He sat up, watching her as she walked into the bathroom. Leo couldn't help but smile. Kira got undressed and walked into the shower he followed her pursuit and joined her. He hugged her from behind. "You had another bad dream? You wouldn't stop tossing and turning. Was it the same one like always?”

She stood still for a moment then turned around to hug him. Kira dug her face into his chest a nodded 'Yes'. He hugged her tighter.

“...In my dream the shadow got closer this time, it got close enough to figure out what it was... It turned out to be a black wolf with all red eye's and all it did was stare angrily at me growling with it's teeth bared.”

"Nothing will ever hurt you. We won't let that happen." Leo hid his face from Kira but he was annoyed. He knew what it ment.

After the shower they head down stairs. Leo’s house was a five bedroom apartment big enough to fit five male shifters. When they get to the kitchen all four of Leo's pride brothers already had breakfast ready. Kira sat down at the dining table. Leo signals his brother Tora to move so he could sit next to her. Tora smirked, leaning to get in his face. "Sit at the other end." Tora was a dragon shifter who moved to New York from Scotland but he's originally from Beijing, China along with his friend Haji, so he is not scared of some lion but Leo isn't some lion he's faught Tora in the past and won. Tora severely underestimated Leo and he has the scars to prove it. But out of respect for Leo's skills Tora joined him. Leo got in his face.. "You want to challenge me?" he looked at him dead in the eyes.

Tora chuckled. "Fine. Besides I get dib's tonight any way. Your lucky there is a lady at the table." He grabs his plate getting up, then kissing her on the forehead and continues to move to the end of the table. Kira rolled her eyes from how much testosterone was in the air.

Haji get's up to bring her a glass of orange juice. "Forgive their stupidity.” He kissed her head. "Bye, I've got work." Haji is a International violinist and electric guitarist who plays for orchestra and band who need an emergency substitute.

Kira finishes breakfast. "Not that I don't appreciate you guy's doting on me but I'm going to end up a brat or a bitch if you all don't stop." She laughed and stood up. "Alright beau’s I'm leaving. I need to go shopping for our new dance and I need to practice at the club. She walks out the back door to the kitchen.

Leo spoke up. "We have a problem."

“What problem?” Budda sat up.

"Why did you wait for Kira to leave to say so?” Uhtred continued to eat but he began picking at his food in annoyance. "Are we hiding something from the woman we all care about?"

Leo growled. "Kira has been having her dream again.”

“The one with the shadow?" asked Uhtred.

"It got close this time. Her mate is coming. She said it was a black wolf with red eyes, growling and bared teeth.”

Budda stood up then started to pace. "Why now?!”

Uhtred shook his head. "Red eyes and teeth bared is a bad omen. He will hurt her in some way.”

Tora leaned back in his seat. “We could kill him... Make it look like it was an accident.”

Budda banged his fists on the table. "We will not do anything to cause her harm that includes something that can emotionally break her. Besides, what if she know's him?”