2. Bonfire

ik basically no one has read this but i really like writing this one! let me know what i should add, change or anything you like! thanks for reading and hope you enjoy!!

xoxo honey girl 💖💖💖

pope was enjoying himself so much. he had never gotten this comfortable with jj. i mean the way he acted at the hot tub a couple days ago was probably the most comfortable he had ever been with him. but he loved being close to him. he loved sitting next to him like this. he felt jj's head up against his and blushed. his heart rate picked up tremendously. he saw jj's hand placed on the branch between their legs. 'mmm should i?' thought pope. 'this is jj, ok, he could be thinking this is all a joke.' pope questioned the idea for a long time and then finally decided 'what the hell.' he inched his fingers closer and closer to jj's. he couldn't see jj's face so he had no idea what he was thinking. jj was very readable. pope had his pinkie over jj's. he could feel jj stiffen a little and decided to stop moving there. he let his fingers lay over jj's and they both sat very still. you could hear their heavy breathing. pope was just about to break the awkward silence when john b called out. "hey guys! we think we're gonna make a bonfire, wanna help?" john b yelled from down below. and with that jj sat up and so did pope in response. 'well there goes that idea.' thought pope. "sure! we're coming!" jj yelled back. pope could see kie and cleo head over to the where sarah and john b were piling sticks. jj turned to face pope. popes face was bright red but he looked at jj. jj's cheeks were flushed a little but he seemed chill. "wanna go?" jj asked, more polite then usual. pope let out a sigh. he didn't realize he had been holding his breathe. he nodded quickly. "yep." pope replied.  "then let's go, chief. lead the way." jj said, back to his old self. the two boys headed down the branch. it was a lot easier coming down then going up. they jogged over to the group. "what were you two lovebirds doing up there, huh?" sarah joked. both pope and jj blushed. 'shit, sarah." pope thought. jj responded with a joke: "k i s s i n g." he sang teasingly. pope laughed with the others. they continued to talk and laugh while making the bonfire. once it was finally lit with the matches from the lifeboat, they all sat around. pope was across from jj. they talked for a while, avoiding all the things they should be talking about, when kiara stirred up the pot. "so fr, what were you guys doing up in that tree?" she asked. pope and jj made eye contact. both of them had their heads hanging low. pope made a movement with his eyes indicating jj should answer. "ummmm, we were just sitting and trying to see if we could see any boats or land or pirate ships..." jj said, trying to change the subject. "yep, yep, pirate ships that was it." pope said, going along with the jokes. kiara looked skeptically at jj and pope. "well, i got take a leak. sooooo be right back." jj said quickly and walked away. pope sulked, knowing how awkward he had made everything. john b decided they should try and sleep and he would stay look out. so pope found a spot next to kie. he tried to sleep on the hard sandy beach but he couldn't stop thinking about jj's head on his and his fingers touching his fingers. 'no pogue on pogue macking' was the last thing pope thought as he fell asleep.

again thanks for reading! and if it's at least decent pls like it!! thanks and have an awesome day!!! also here's an amazing pic of rudy pankow, ladies and gentlemen❤️