Witches of Westview - Wanda Maximoff x Reader

"Wanda."

"You're home," she whispers, and you're left at the door, wondering.

You were home.

But... how had you gotten home, exactly? You had been somewhere before you had arrived at the home you and Wanda shared... but where?

"You look concerned, dear," said Wanda, and you rest your hand on her arm.

"No, I am... I'm well."

You swallow, and Wanda brings you a cup of tea.

"How was work?"

Work.

Work, yes. That's where you must have been. Work. You worked... where did you work?

"You know," she prompts you. "At the newspaper?"

Right. Yes.

You worked at a newspaper.

"Lovely," you say, as the day's events flood back to you. "I had a little difficulty with my powers, though."

"Oh, no!"

"I almost shifted," you admit.

"Well, you're home now. You can shift if you like to."

Extending your arm, you slowly transformed - from a flesh-toned human, into a lavender-coloured humanoid.

"That's better, isn't it?"

"Yes," you agreed, and Wanda kissed you. "Much better."

...

It was the day of the big barbecue, and you and Wanda were terrified.

To her credit, Wanda was handling it remarkably well. She'd put on an elegant dress, and you had chosen a dapper outfit for yourself. She was the picture of the perfect host, and you were, well...

A mess.

You were terrified that something would happen, that your powers would get in the way, somehow. Wanda never seemed to have trouble concealing hers, but you always did.

Now, Agnes had arrived.

Ah... Agnes.

Agnes seemed to have it out for you ever since you and Wanda had arrived in Westview, after you had married Wanda and moved in together. You knew she wanted what's best for Wanda - you knew that! She was only being a good friend.

It just made things uncomfortable when she seemed to think that the best thing for Wanda wasn't, well...

You.

So you were determined to make this barbecue work.

"Y/N," greeted Agnes, waving at you. "I brought this."

She handed you a basket of hamburgers.

"Thanks," you said, and Wanda smiled at you.

"You're doing great," she encouraged, and you exhaled.

Everyone else had arrived, almost all at once. The party migrated to the backyard, and you began to cook the hamburgers on the grill.

"Wanda, darling," you called out, "Can you get those burger buns for me?"

"Certainly, dear!"

"Y'know," said Agnes, sidling up to you, "That's a marvelous outfit, where'd you get it?"

"Oh, I don't know," you said. "It seems like I've... always had it."

"And you and Wanda, how did you meet?"

"In... in Sokovia," you stammered, trying to remember. "We were... in Sokovia..."

"Oh? What's it like there?"

"I don't know..."

"What do you mean? Of course you know-"

"I can't remember!"

"Dear!" Wanda called out, and you realized your skin had turned lavender. She stood in front, to conceal you.

"Let's go inside," she said, sweeping you inside and shutting the door. "What was that?"

"I don't know, Wanda, Agnes kept asking me all these questions, and I couldn't; answer-"

"Sh," she whispered, resting her hands on your shoulders, "Sh, I'm here. You're alright. We're alright."

Wanda put her arms around you, and you felt yourself begin to breathe again.

It didn't matter how strange Westview was.

As long as you had Wanda, you would be okay.