Stendhal Syndrome

breathtaking
   breathless, was the feeling you gave me, from the first moment I set my tired eyes upon your graceful figure. at first, I had thought an angel had graced us with your ethereal presence. rubbing at the dark circles beneath my exhausted irises, pupils dilating to twice their size, before checking my surroundings once more. yet, there you stood. as if you reached slender, pale fingers into my hollowed chest, you plucked at my lungs, stealing my breath.

heart racing
   unnoticed by you, I grasped at my chest. my heartbeat beginning to thunder inside my ears. anxiously, almost believing that someone could hear it, I cast my gaze about. a flicker of movement disrupted my near desperate search. with the pounding of my heart beating erratically, I searched once more for your figure. perhaps within your arms, I could again find peace. there, you walked on in my direction.

   waiting nervously in place, spine stiff as a board. refraining from reaching out to feel the sensation of your pale skin against my own. thoughts of your fingers running across my flesh both calmed and accelerated my racing heart. already struggling to catch my breath, beginning to notice the concerned looks given my way. looking up from my feet, only to be caught in a pair of ocean pools. lips parting in awe at the splendor before me, I didn't even notice the floor rising.

fainting
   a face only a goddess could possess, one to rival that of the goddess Venus herself, hovered over my black spotted vision. dizziness overwhelmed my cloudy mind, a tune the shadows that lingered in my peripheral could dance to. a groan escaping past blue tinted lips from oxygen deprived cells, I tried to rise. the voice of a siren reached my ears and we locked eyes. pools of deep water like the sea met dark puddles of molten gold. a lifetime passed between us both in a matter of seconds, a foreign sensation but not unwelcomed.

  without realizing it, more black spots had gathered at the edges of my vision and once more, I heard your alluring voice calling out to me. requesting that I breathe. several gulps of air seemed to satisfy you enough to help me into a sitting position. taking in more oxygen, I was graced with a smirking grin. an almost painful twist of my fast paced beating heart, hands clutching at my chest from the sudden feeling. concern wrinkled your brows and I wanted nothing more than to erase it.

   this was getting a little ridiculous, these strange sudden motions my body was making. bowing my head, black locks plastered to my face from sweat. from the edges of my peripheral, I watched as elegant fingers rested on my pant leg. a soothing touch, even as it caused chaos within my entirety. my eyelids drooped lower from their already narrow gaze, sliding shut as my body slumped to the side. dizziness overtook my being and I fell into darkness. a pity, I knew I wouldn't wake up immediately this time and it was such a shame to lose the touch of a passing goddess.

confusion
   slowly opening drowsy topaz irises, I came back into reality within the confines of a hospital room. confusion was my current friend as I gazed around. trying to piece together the events that led here. the clearing of someone's throat brought me back to attention and I turned to locate the sound. lo and behold, there you sat. the sound of a heart monitor suddenly shrieking filled the silent void. both of us jumping from the screeching outburst of machine, we looked at the monitor.

   showing my vitals, everything skyrocketing in a matter of seconds from simply being in the same room as you. nurses burst into the room and chaos ensued. losing sight of your divine figure, bodies crowding around my hospital bed. panic spiked, causing my vitals to rise more as I desperately searched for your captivating silhouette. the air escaped my lungs, dizziness my current lover it seemed, quickly descending from hyperventilation. already, blackness crowded my vision and sound numbed out, leaving only the sounds of my galloping heartbeat and the screeching cacophony of machines.