Part I: My Ex

"Katey let's go! We're going to be late" My dad shouted from downstairs.

"I'm coming!" I answered from my room. We're attending the 50th anniversary of the company my dad was working in. I really don't want to go but since there's no one to accompany him I agreed.

My mom died when I was young and my dad didn't remarry so it's been the two of us ever since.

And now even though I don't like going to events or parties I have to.

But what I don't like the most is.... There's a possibility he can be there. What should I do? It's only been a year and I am still not ready to face him.

Are you thinking who's the "HIM" I'm talking about?

It's none other than Jin Yamamoto. He's the son of my dad's boss...

And...

The person I love the most. He was my boyfriend since high school and we broke up when we were starting our 3rd year in college. We broke up just because he was transferring to America to study since he will be the one to take over their business once he graduate in college. But apparently he never misses the company's Anniversary Party to meet VIP's and all. Luckily I didn't saw him last year since I pretended I was sick but I can't do that excuse now right?

Anyways enough with the drama. I composed myself and went downstairs.

"You look gorgeous my darling." Dad said when I went to him.

"Thanks dad." And I gave him a smile. My dad never talked about Jin since the breakup. And stayed professional at his work. He was one of the most trusted person in that company that's why our families are very close. But work is work and personal is personal if you know what I mean.

Jin's family is still very casual to me despite what happened. Mrs. Yamamoto stayed in contact with me but had a little boundary.

So we went to the Hotel where the party is being held. When we went in, a lot of people are already there, familiar faces and unfamiliar ones. We spotted the Yamamoto's. I quickly looked for that particularly person but he's not with them.

"Are you okay? I'll go meet Mr. Yamamoto are you coming?" my dad asked worriedly as if he knows what I'm thinking.

"Yeah dad, we should pay our respect to them." I answered while holding his arms.

He sighed and we headed to the Yamamoto's table. When they saw us, Mrs. Yamamoto stood up to greet us.

"Hi Katey! It's been awhile how are you?" she asked and gave me a small hug.

"I'm doing fine." I answered and smiled at her.

"Come sit with us here. I'm sure your dad and John have lots to talk about even in this event." She said leading us to the sit. I really don't wanna stay with them but I have no choice since my dad already sat beside Mr. Yamamoto.

Sometimes my dad can be a little ignorant when it comes to business. But I still love him though.

We were eating and enjoying the party. But no Jin was seen in the place. Mrs. Yamamoto didn't mentioned him either. Are they being cooperative or something?

After a few talks.

"He's here." Mrs. Yamamoto finally said. I looked at her and I can see her worried look.

I gave her a weak smile and said, "It's okay Mrs. Yamamoto. I know he's here. He never misses an Anniversary of your company."

"He missed it last year." She said sadly. I was shocked. My dad didn't told me that. Maybe he's just concern with me he didn't wanna mention Jin in front of me.