Part 2

Note: This chapter features strong language, and there are graphic descriptions of gore and violence. Please proceed with caution!!

"What are you doing here?"

"I feel like I'm the one who should be asking that."

Arms crossed, Lumine stared at him with poison in her eyes. He had nearly given her a heart attack.

"Are you following me??"

He snorted indignantly. "Are you serious right now? Do you realize what sort of place you're in?"

...Is he serious? The nerve-

"I'm just saying it like it is. What are the odds that you'd corner me in an alley only an hour after we'd met? Seems pretty creepy if you ask me."

Saying it out loud, Lumine realized that she was in a dangerous position. If this guy tried anything, she's not sure if she could take him in a fight unprepared. She wrapped the jacket around her tighter, and started looking around to see if she could find a plank of wood or a broken bottle to defend herself if necessary.

The redhead rubbed at his temples. "Look.. it might look bad, but I was just driving by when I saw your bike up front. It's not safe here, you should leave."

"The only thing making me feel unsafe is you. Please leave me alone."

Exasperated but not backing down, he took a step backwards with his hands in the air. "Okay, fine. I'm backing up. But this really isn't somewhere a little girl like you should be."

"I'm- excuse me? We're the same age, you d*ck!" 

Lumine knew she shouldn't get riled up over this, but this guy was making it really hard for her. At this rate, she would need the patience of a saint to cool her temper.

"You're not thinking straight. It's dark out, and this neighbourhood is known to be shady; it's nothing like Monstadt. Are you new around here?" he paused. "Wait- I recognize you- you're that girl with that missing brother?"

Is that what people know me for? "What about it?"

An indescribable expression crossed his face, just for a brief moment. It was gone in a flash, replaced with a blank slate.

"It's Lumine, right?"

"What are you, a stalker? I don't recall telling you my name in the library."

"Name's Diluc," he started. "And it's kind of hard not to know about someone who's been plastering posters all over the city walls. I just didn't realize it was you."

Lumine waited.

"Also, we both have Mr Kreideprinz for chemistry. Do you seriously not remember me?"

That was relatively plausible. Lumine didn't try to make any new friends, and thus never even bothered to talk to her classmates. Maintaining relationships were mentally taxing, and she already had Amber and Kaeya. Why any more?

"..I might have seen you around", she said, her tone hesitant. "But that doesn't change the fact that you followed me here. What do you want?"

He closed his eyes, and pushed his bangs up his forehead with one hand. "Like I said," he spoke through gritted teeth, "I was just passing by. If you wanna stay here and get mugged, be my guest. Sorry for trying to help."

What's with this guy?

Lumine wouldn't budge. Not that she was particularly stubborn, but she wasn't too keen on some random man bossing her around.