Chapter 2

Bella: " he ran away because of a cut?!AND HIS EYES WERE RED?!

Elena: " that's exactly what I Just said."

Bella: " Is he a vampire?!"

Elena: " maybe .."

Bella: " I was joking-"

I let out a sigh of recognition as I heard the familiar footsteps approaching from upstairs.

John: " Where are you foolish girls?!" He yelled, his voice coming out raspy and edgy.

I took a deep breath and I walked up to the door, Accepting my fate.

He swung the door open, Seeing a belt on his hand, he didn't think twice of hitting me.

he kept hitting me on the ribs as he usually does, while grabbing a chunk of my hair.

I didn't fail to recognize the searing sensation that shot through my ribs. The impact of his blow had initially numbed the area, but within seconds, an intense coldness enveloped my ribs, as if each bone was being painfully peeled away.

And that's when the realization struck me like a lightning bolt. I needed to escape from this place, no matter where it led me. I had to bring my sister along,  she deserved better than the life we were trapped in.

Dad only stops hitting me when the alcohol stops managing his feelings.

My eyes fluttered shut, and as I did, I noticed that the hitting stopped.

He couldn't manage to look at his Child, so he just walked off.

I hastily grabbed my school backpack, disregarding the "expensive" materials it contained. I then proceeded to empty everything out of our book packs.

Bella: "What are you doing?"

Elena: " what does it look like, Bella? We can't keep this up anymore! We aren't his punching bags that he gets to punch any time he wants."

Bella: " where are we going? Are you going crazy?"

Elena: " CRAZY? BELLA DO YOU HEAR YOURSELF?! IF YOU WANT TO STAY WITH HIM AND HANDLE HIS BULLSHIT THAT'S ON YOU!" I yelled, my body filling with rage and my eyes burning.

Bella stayed quiet, Just standing there looking at me pack some things of ours.

No one wanted to be friends with us. We were the outcasts, the ones who bore the brunt of our father's abuse every few minutes.

After I finished packing everything into the backpacks, I glanced at Bella. She shook her head in agreement, and together we made our escape through the window.

Landing on the roof top, I started to think fastly.

Trying to gather my thoughts, Even more came by.

Elena: " Hey.. So this may sound crazy but Do you think we can stay at your place?" I spoke to the phone.

Edward remained silent for a while.

Edward: " Uh- yeah, sure, why not? i mean- it's whatever." He stuttered.

Elena: " I mean if you're uncomfortable with it-"

Edward: " Of course not!- Look, If it's an emergency you can stay as long as you want." He cut me off.

Elena: " Yeah it's just that-"

Edward : "no need to explain yet. I'll come pick you up and you can tell me on the way."

Elena: " thank you. I mean it." I said, then hanging up.

I looked beside me.

Bella smirked.