1

a/n: hey, i'm really excited about this fic, but before we start there's somethings i have to get out of the way first.

this is a fic loosely based of the ideas of Playboy magazines and the show "Girls Next Door". Draco could also be lightly compared to Hugh Hefner.

having that been said, i want to clarify i do not support Hugh Hefner. he had done some things or been involved in things that are not okay. if you're curious about Hugh Hefner and what's his been involved in, please do your own research, i want this fic to be a positive outlet for self confidence and growth.

i also know how nude modeling and such can be classified as degrading towards women, but i view it as if it's consensual, she's of age, is being treated properly for it, and the woman wants to do it, i have no issues with it. i, personally, think it's pretty cool.

if you are uncomfortable with the idea of nude modeling or having any correlation to Playboy and it's early 2000s show, it's totally okay, but this fic is not for you.

it will not openly relate with Playboy and the show, but i thought i'd point it out now that some ideas might be taken from them

i didn't want this a/n to be negative, i just wanted to get it out there that everyone will be treated kindly and with respect in this fic. it's all very light hearted and fun. this is a fun fic.

so please, i'd appreciate it if you took this all into consideration before reading.

- bruhdawg x

----

Chapter 1

January 2008

With the start of the new year, Hermione needed a change in her life.

She had been working for Kinglsey Shacklebolt, Minister of Magic, for close to 8 years as his assistant. After the war, she took time to herself before starting a job at the Ministry, and when Kingsley offered her such a great position, she had to accept.

Working right next to Kingsley was a dream. It was almost as if she was a little parrot on his shoulder while he followed his daily tasks, being able to shimmy her opinion into his work, helping him make the best choices for the greater good of their Wizarding World. At times, she even liked to joke to herself that she was the Minister of Magic at that point.

And as much as she loved it, she was now leaving the Ministry for the last time as an employee.

Ever since accepting Ron's marriage proposal 6 years ago, he had insisted they start a family, wanting one as big as his, and not wanting to wait long. But Hermione held back, wanting to live her life and be free of child obligations for as long as she could. Of course, she had always wanted children, just not so fast and urgent.

There was also the possibility Hermione couldn't have children after taking too many crucios from Bellatrix Lestrange. Hermione always found it odd how Ron wanted at least their first child to be out of wedlock, but then again marriage is not taken lightly in the Wizarding World, especially amongst purebloods.

Ron had been stubborn about not having kids for a while, but then they fell into the routine that is their lives today. They lived in a lovely townhouse not too far from the Muggle entrance to the Ministry. Hermione enjoyed her walks to and from the house, even when the weather was bad. She felt lucky to have such a simple life after living through such a terror as a child through her young adult years. Merlin, she's still young.

Leaving the Ministry was a huge jump for her in her current ordinary life because now she was going home to surprise Ron about her quitting and being ready to start a family. The decision surprised her when she woke up that morning, thinking about how they've been living in a 6-year engagement. Maybe it was because she finally wanted to have a ring on her finger and the actual commitment of a husband.