Hogwarts

September 1st 1972

Lily sat in the corner of a compartment, paying no mind to the various families standing on Platform 9 and 3 1/4. After her talk with Blackjaw  she had claimed all her rings and made her mother's house hers. It was a two story house excluding the attic and basement and she was significantly happier than with those people. She had nothing against muggles-they were clever in their own way- but the Evanses were truly horrible.

Time skip- Arrival

The students of Hogwarts were getting restless and confused. The first years had been sorted but neither had the food arrived, nor had the sorting hat been taken away. 

"Ahem, Ahem." Dumbledore stood up causing all students to fall silent, though the Slytherins and Lily did it with an eye-roll. "Before we start our feast I would like to inform you of something. The Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher last year, Edmund Lynch, had placed a spell on the sorting hat that made it sort children in the wrong houses. As such all our second years will have to be sorted again. Please line up in front of the sorting hat."

Whispers broke out in the hall. The second years stood in a line much in front of the hat. It was like Deja vu as Minerva McGonagall stepped forward , scroll in hand.

"Abbot, Francis"

"Hufflepuff!"

"Black, Sirius"

A hush fell over the hall as Sirius Black walked to the front. All wondering if he would still be a lion, or become a snake. 

"Slytherin!"

 When Sirius lifted the hat of his head, he looked around searching for the faces of his friends, hoping that they would tell him this was all a dream...

Only do be met with the scornful gazes of James Potter, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew, all three looking at him with disgust.

The sound of clapping broke through the silence. Everyone turned to see Lily Evans standing there. Her left eyebrow was arched as she stared at the three, daring them to challenge her. Said three looked down but still refused to acknowledge their ex-friend.

Sirius walked to the Slytherin table, still a bit numb from earlier events. Motioning to his cousins that he wanted to be left alone, he tuned back into the sorting.

"Black, Regulus."

"Slytherin!"

Regulus slipped in beside Sirius, grabbing his hand and squeezing it , a silent reassurance that he would always be there. Sirius squeezed back, he never admitted it last year but he had always missed his cousins, brother and the friends he had grown up with. 

"Potter, James."

"Gryffindor!"

"Longbottom Frank"

"Gryffindor!"

"Evans, Lily"

Once again the great hall was silent as she walked forward, back straight, chin held high and a perfectly blank expression on her face.

After her earlier stunt, the Slytherin's were...intrigued by her.  Hufflepuffs would like to have her in their house as they were generally seen as the guillible peace-makers. During her first year only, Lily Evans had established herself as the brightest witch of her generation. If she was in their house, people would pay more attention to them.

Ravenclaw's wanted her for the way she absorbed knowledge like a sponge. And Gryffindors wanted her because the snakes would never let them here the end of it if two former lion's went into the House of Snakes. 

"Ah Lily Evans... Or should I say Lady Slytherin-Grindelwald.... Anyhow let's see Gryffindor is out, so is Hufflepuff.. well? Ravenclaw or Slytherin.'" 

Those who could see Lily's smirk from underneath the brim of the hat, shivered slightly. One thing was for sure- this would be an interesting year.

"Slytherin if you please."

"Very well then.. SLYTHERIN!"

The Gryffindor's looked as they had been punched in the gut while the other houses cheered. Lily caught Dumbledore's eye and saw the frown on his face. She smirked internally, this would be fun.

Lily - 1, Dumbledore- 0

And another chapter posted. So in this fic, Reggie and Sirius are twins, Narcissa is a year above them, Andromeda is two years above her, and Bellatrix is a year above her. So when this story starts,

 Reggie, Sirius and Lily are second years

Narcissa is a third year

Andromeda is a fifth year

Bellatrix is a sixth year.

Also should Sirius and Snape be friends or just acquaintances?

Another thing what do you think the names of Sirius's friends should be? As for his love interest, options are-

1. Amelia Bones

2. Marlene McKinnon

3. OC